Translate

Thursday, July 31, 2014

In A Real Pickle...Dill Pickle Dip

The other night we were having a scrappy thrown together meal of re-formed Chinese leftovers.  I had about a half of a carton of moo shu pork and an equal amount of rice as a start.  I sauteed a sliced onion, a summer squash, some sugar snap peas and grated ginger.  ( I would have added more veggies but I still haven't been to the grocery store.)  I added the leftovers and heated it through. It was still a little flat tasting so I tossed in a couple of splashes of tamari and some plum sauce and stirred it through.  It was tasty but there was not quite enough for four.

I remembered seeing this at Copy Cat Recipes a while back and figured it was a good time to try a new filler recipe.  OK I will be the first to admit that dill pickle dip and chinese food do not exactly go together, but I had everything needed to make it in the fridge and it would go together quickly, and sometimes that is good enough.

                                                           Dill Pickle Dip
                                                   


1  8 ounce package of cream cheese softened
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons minced onion
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
minced dill pickles ( I used 4 spears, minced finely)
1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
1 dash of Worcestershire sauce

Mix the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until it is very smooth.  Add the minced onion and the seasonings.  Stir well.  Add in the minced pickles then the pickle juice and Worcestershire.  Try it with about half the called for amount and add the additional to taste.

Serve with crackers or chips.  We used crackers and liked it quite well, but we are spoiled with the taste of Golden Flake Dill Pickle Chips.  They are a delicious stand alone chip and satisfy our desires for chips with dill.  If you live somewhere and can't get them you might want to serve it with chips just for the experience.

I will not say whether we liked it or not,  I will just say that after the meal the bowl was completely empty and someone had taken a cracker and used it as a spatula to get the last remnants of the dip out.
Not pointing fingers, just sayin'.

If you have the hankering for a dip that is just a little different, try this!




2 comments:

  1. Yum!! I need to try it (with some of my homemade pickles).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was good, Lena. I am going to try it again with different types of dills mixed together

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.