Translate

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Big Check on the Joy List

One of my joy list items for May was to meet a fellow blogger live and in 3-D. CHECK

I had the pleasure of meeting Sluggy from Don't Read This, It's Boring and Mr. Sluggy Tuesday night for dinner (supper if you live in Birmingham) while they were driving through on their multi destination trip home. If any of you live near her, make it a point to drive over and meet her.  She is just as funny and adorable as she seems in her blog.

 I would post a picture but I forgot to take one, probably because I am one of those people who forgets to document my life via pictures. (Or because my crappy phone battery will never hold a charge long enough for me to take one.)

Next time, Sluggy we are going somewhere with a bar not just beer.  I am not a beer guy, but give me a very nice dirty vodka martini and I am in like Flint!

Now who else is traveling through the South.  I am always game for a bite to eat!

15 comments:

  1. This is such a joyful post! I LOVE that the two of you were able to get together. How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times. I'm in New Orleans for work July 11th to July 14th-does that count? I hav ean open invite to show the off the big Twin Cities if anyone gets Minnesota way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well N.O. counts! Its just a tad to far to meet for lunch though. Have a great trip and wear cotton. It has heated up in the past 2 days and is steamy now. If it is that way here it's much worse on the delta.

      Delete
  3. It's so exciting to meet another blogger!
    I'm glad you had fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was great. If you ever find yourself in the Deep South U.S. let me know!

      Delete
    2. I went to the US in 2011 and met a bunch of bloggers, someday I hope to get back there,it was fantastic

      Delete
  4. Yay.
    A blog meet is a wonderful thing. Or I have found it so. Three so far. All different, all great. Despite my pre meet nerves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not terribly nervous meeting new people, but it was wonderful to have a truly great time.

      Delete
  5. So glad you got to meet up on her return trip. I'm really looking forward to the posts she's going to write when she gets back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very happy to meet her. After your school is out maybe I can run down the road a bit and meet you for lunch?

      Delete
  6. Some day I'm going to meet another blogger too. I think it must be like meeting your pen pal. (Does anyone do that any more?) Glad you both had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had a long lasting pen pal like some people my age did. I imagine it is similar though since we do get a glimpse into each other's lives through our blogs.
      The next time I am up your way (which is rarely) I will make sure to let you know and maybe we can meet somewhere.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. She is great! Makes me want to go road tripping to meet some more people!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.