Translate

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Clock is Ticking and I'm Still Cleaning

I fell behind this week. Time is fleeing, but I still couldn't get motivated, so now I am hurrying like crazy to try and finish everthing I have not yet done.  I would love to have Friday free and clear to do the last minute touches and also do some baking. (Who wants to visit home without a taste of their childhood on the table?)  Better still I would love to be like Samantha and just twitch my nose and have everything do itself, but I am pretty sure that is not going to happen.

Barring unexpected magic, I will be scurrying like a hampster on a wheel, so I can finish by Thursday night. That will leave me all day Saturday to catch my breath, enjoy some coffee on the deck, run the vacuum, dust one last time, cook something delicious, light the candles and get ready for their arrival at 9:30.





Week 2:
 1. Clean music room
 2. Deep clean guest room bathroom, Waiting for Friday right before they come
 3. Deep clean Son3's bathroom, Waiting for Friday before he gets home
 4. Gussie up the deck and screened porch
 5. Deep clean Master bedroom
 6. Deep clean Master bath  Deep clean dressing room
 7. Wash summer comforter and put away did this week 1
 8. Air winter comforter and shams and put on bed did this week 1
 9. Whatever else I think of this week to add to this list
10. Paint corner cabinets in the dining room paying to have this done today, best  money spent ever
Carry overs
Quick shine hardwood floors in foyer/lr and dr
Create a bedroom for Pip from my former office work in progress,  over 2/3 finished
Deep clean dressing room
Deep clean laundry room
Deep clean butler's pantry
Clean oven  doing a tad more baking before I clean it

Extras if I get to them, if not carry over to week 3 or possibly forget about entirely
 1. Wax cabinet fronts and doors
 2. Re-do kitchen table top Not going to happen.  Tablecloth right?
 3. Shampoo den carpet   decided a thorough vacuum and spot cleaning would work fine
 4. Take breakfast nook rug outside and wash it
 5. Get a few Thanksgiving decorations in place

21 comments:

  1. Good luck!!! I need to make a list too. No one else in the house will follow it, but at least I'd know what needs to be done and not get sidetracked... No one coming here until Thanksgiving day tho. WHEW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to have a list so I will know in advance what I am not doing. Procrastination is the bane of my existence.

      Delete
  2. If I ever come visit I will expect a clean oven.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck.
    Lots and lots of it.
    And hopes that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just remember that great company is the best gift you can give them and nobody will notice the things that are glaringly obvious to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, but I really do like to have a clean start. In addition to house guests and Thanksgiving we are having a birthday party for Pip the day after Thanksgiving. Should be chaotic, interesting and fun!

      Delete
  5. I think cleaning the oven would fall right off that list. Who is Pip?
    pparsimony

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne, I feel your pain!! I have been running crazy myself getting ready for family to arrive next week for Thanksgiving. I'm crazy and decided to do things like paint the den and rip the carpet up off the stairs and have them stained. Good luck to you as you finish up your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you way more luck than for me. Mine mess is much better tonight and I am almost done___well, if you count a dining room table full of china, crystal and serving trays almost done. I think by Saturday morning the corner cabinets will be dry enough to put stuff back in them. At least I hope they will!

      Delete
    2. Brandi and Anne, We do crazy things to our already busy plates, don't we? I am trying to figure out how to get painting done. Fortunately no hosting Thanksgiving for me. Good luck to both of you.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much, SAM!!! I need all the luck I can get at this point. I'm so ready to throw in the towel!!! LOL

      Delete
    4. It is crazy, Sam! The best thing I did was decide to pay a painter, the worst is it is now taking 2 days which clogs my dining room plans, plus they were supposed to be here at 8:30 and it is now nearly 11 with no sign of them. I have to be at the lake place at 2 to meet the bug man. Conundrum?

      Delete
    5. I have to smile. I bought a bottle of wine for a departing coworker who liked to use the word "admire" to think about a presented problem. I couldn't find a wine called 'Admire', but I found 'Conundrum'. so when I saw Conundrum?, my first thought was, hell yes, I'll have some of that.

      Delete
  7. Our plans have changed and instead of everyone coming I am going. I'm revamping the menu to come up with some travel items, but somehow I seem less motivated to do some deep cleaning I had planned on doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, if we were not having company I would be more than content with surface clean!

      Delete
  8. I remember a Roseanne episode when they were getting a family photograph done and were trying to clean up the house a bit. Dan said, "remember, we're only going for the illusion of clean!"
    I'm becoming a master at the illusion :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. For real life the illusion fits me perfectly, but for houseguests i am shoveling through the mess and really cleaning. I hate housework.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.