Translate

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

VD Greetings

It seems that for everyone out there Valentine's Day means something different. I have gotten roses and chocolates and jewelry and just about ever other traditional love token throughout the years, but now we just go out to eat and give each other a card. A day sans flowers and gifts is still perfect and more than enough. A couple of years ago we went to a very nice restaurant and even with reservations, we did not get a table until nearly 9:30.  Neither of us want to eat that late, especially on a weeknight. Since we are having beautiful weather and have steaks in the freezer I suggested we grill them and stay home. TheHub was more than happy with that suggestion so those are our plans for the evening.


For years My Beloved Sister and I met our parents for lunch on Valentine's Day, which over the years became known as Valenlunch.  Last year was the first holiday since Dad died and Mom did not want to go, but this year Valenlunch is back on and we will be headed out to  Taziki's for our traditional meal. (Taziki's is the closest restaurant to My Beloved Sister's office so we always meet there, and exchange homemade cards after eating Greek food. ) My Beloved Sister and I try to make the other laugh so our cards are filled with all kinds of inside jokes, including "Happy VD".

When we were kids this commercial aired all the time, especially on Saturday mornings. As we got a little older we began calling Valentine's Day "VD" because we are sick puppies and like to make each other laugh. Now every Valentine's Day one of us will call the other and start singing this song, which makes the other giggle, or snort coffee, or howl like a hyena. (It all depends on timing and how and where you catch the other with the call) This year I snuck the call in first, by calling her right as she got to work. Too bad it was a few minutes before her official work time began since she had not grabbed a cup of coffee, so no coffee spewing. Drats!



In closing this post, my wish is that you all go out and spread a little VD cheer and share a good belly laugh with someone you love!  Happy Valentine's Day!

13 comments:

  1. You and your sister would fit in well with me and mine! We were supposed to go to my daughters concert, then grab a pizza, but now I may just order one for DH an dI, and perhaps some pasta to try and tempt my sick daughter. I though I would give her her British treats later as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry your daughter is sick. That is no fun for anyone! Have a wonderful Pizza VD!

      Delete
  2. I don't remember that commercial, but I totally understand why it would make you snort your coffee, especially since it's been an inside joke all of these years. Happy VD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song is horrible and hilarious.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that is hilarious! Never saw that one before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great isn't it. Well great in some morbidly interesting way.

      Delete
  5. lol! Depending on the people in the room, we call it Happy VD day too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha! I guess there are a lot of us out there

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, haaaaaaa! Love your sense of humor. Hope your VD was nice yesterday. Hee, hee, hee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! Stuff like this jus makes my day, or in this case makes VD for decades

      Delete
  8. Hope you had a very happy VD! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.