Translate

Monday, May 8, 2017

Positively Monday

As usual now on Mondays I try and recap the joyful moments of each day.  Most days I remember to write the best thing that happened every day, but this week I may have flubbed one day.  If you can live with it, so can I. Actually I am fine with it even if you're not. Some days things just get a little frantic and writing a joyful memo doesn't happen. I don't realize there is nothing there until I am just about to hit publish. Most of the time I can remember at least one thing that was really good about any given day and I know there was something joyful
on Wednesday, but this morning I've got nothing. Is this a sign I am getting older or is life just rushing by faster and faster making it impossible for me to sort memories on demand. Or it is a combination of both? The mirror suggests it might be!


Monday: Finished making all the flowers for the tops of the fairy jars.  Whoo hoo! Life is good and I am done now! Plus I tried to recreate a chicken dish we had in New York and I came pretty dang close

Tuesday: Had a nice morning with TheHub since we both woke butt early.  We rarely have time to talk before he goes to work but we did Tuesday.  We were able to firm up some of the details of our next trip.

Wednesday: I forgot to write anything down for today.  I am sure there was something wonderful, but you know, memory and all that!

Thursday:  Involuntarily involved in an extended family dispute, (Dispute is probably the mildest word I can possibly use here.)  There is no joy in being brought into something that is not my issue, however, I find extreme joy knowing the true caring for family the rest of the clan has.

Friday Cinco de Mayo!!! TheHub and I celebrated by going into "town" (OK celebrated it way to big of a word but we did eat at a Mexican restaurant and going into town is actually going into a little village about 15 miles from the lake place.) and had so much food from my order that we did the doggy bag thing and took it with us for lunch the next day. This was a bonus because I had forgotten to pack anything for lunch the next day.

 Saturday: The unseasonably cold weather and rains on Friday passed and the day was gorgeous, I was able to watch blue herons, egrets, osprey, bluebirds and purple martins while havig my morning coffee. I decided to head back home so I could do a few things for Mom while TheHub stayed at the lake.  You know what that means? I got to stay up late reading and listening to podcasts without bothering a soul!

Sunday: TheHub and I had take out Persian food (insanely delicious) before a scheduled date night to watch Billions season finale! 

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week. I really like your summary of positive things from the week. It's great to recap the week with that perspective. Which dishes did you try with your Persian takeout? Yum! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had Chicken Koubideh, Persian rice, grilled peppers, onions and tomatoes and grilled pickles (which sounds weird but is quite delicious)
      TheHub had a spinach pie and something else but I forget what and kunafa for dessert.
      I love the flavors of Persian food and plan on learning how to make it. But first I have to find where to purchase some of the seasonings.

      Delete
  2. See life in good, life would be great and then we factor in the mother......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fairy jars? I must have missed that or forgotten. It is nice to have a project finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't posted them yet! It is a little later thing

      Delete
  4. Looking for the positive is always a good thing, but it will interesting to see what is riding the crazy train this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be a little disappointing! I think she actually took most of her meds this past week and when she physically feels better (meaning her lungs actually get oxygen) the train doesn't run as fast. Plus I had several appointments and could not be around as much this past week.

      Delete
  5. I really, really like Middle Eastern food. FULL of flavour. And texture.
    Love your positives - and being sure that there WAS one on Wednesday it a positive thing in itself.
    Over here we have nearly (very almost) put the last of the spring bulbs in the ground. The first 1000 plus and we have 100 left of the second order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too!
      Oh my, I love the results of all those bulbs but planting that many at one time would no be joyful to me.

      Delete
  6. I have something for Wednesday, and I'll share it with you. I went to Target to buy a few things. When I returned to my car, I couldn't find the key. It wasn't in my bag. My clothes didn't have pockets. I went back in the store to Customer Service to ask if anyone had turned in a key. Nope. I sat down on a bench and took everything out of my bag so I'd be certain the key wasn't hiding in a corner. Definitely not there, and it wasn't locked in the car. I went back out to the car and circled around it in case I had dropped the key. And there it was: on the ground a bit to the left of the front of the car. I'm sure that when I reached down to put it in my bag that I dropped it and didn't hear it hit the ground. I was so grateful when I found it. It was my joyful moment.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a huge joy! Trust that I understand because I have been there!

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you were able to find the positives all week, even if you forgot to record it on Wednesday. I'm sure you'd have been able to find a positive for Wednesday, too. :) If not, I can contribute one, just like Janie did above: Wednesday was when my home escaped any damage from the neighbor's garage fire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe soon you will be able to write you slept 8 hours?? Okay....shooting too far, so how about going for 5?

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.