Translate

Monday, June 5, 2017

Positively Monday

Each week I look for the best thing that happened each day and try to document it. Even crazy difficult days have something wonderful in them and I try to find the good. (And sometimes I have to sit and think very hard to find that ray of light__see Thursday.) I find if I feel accountable here, I am better about looking for it, writing it down and remembering it.

Monday: Had a Memorial Day BBQ with Son3, TheHub and me, Mom, Son2 and Girlfriend2. Best part of it? We were on our way home from the lake Sunday and found  a guy smoking butts, so we bought an already cooked butt and ribs.  It left me with virtually no cooking!

Tuesday: Caught up on all laundry, and got to spend some nice time with Son3 just talking.  Also had a nice Facetime visit with Girlfriend3, who is in Sweden for the summer.

Wednesday: Minor shopping trip for a few veggies, which I planned on having for dinner, but Son3 was craving steamed buns and sesame chicken from a local Chinese place. Take-out won!

Thursday: Even though a huge tree branch cracked at Mom's house and it was on her roof there was no damage and we were able to get someone out and have it removed within hours of it falling. Also since I was at Mom's for 5 hours (She works herself into a frenzy when anything goes wrong, and can't seem to function) I didn't have time to cook so I stopped on the way home and picked up a Bojangles family pack.

Friday: Enjoyed an evening into late night listening to Duke Ellington with Son3 on the screened porch at the lake place. Because of his studies, Son3 had different and interesting background info on the compositions. It was somewhat like a history lesson while listening.

Saturday: Son2 and Girlfriend2 drove to the lake place late Friday night/butt early Saturday morning after seeing Paul Simon in Atlanta.  Even though it was not a full house (Son1's family was not there) it was full enough and we enjoyed everyone being there.

Sunday: Driving home from the lake I got to Facetime with my all time favorite 3 year old. There is something wonderful about having a face to face conversation about princesses and ponies, and having someone sing, "Rain, rain go away, Come again another day, Little Annie wants to play, Rain rain go away", because it was raining while we were driving and she wanted it to be sunny for us.

Have a great week and I hope everyone is just a tad kinder than normal. The world needs kindness right now.

14 comments:

  1. You had a terrific week filled with your family. I hope you get many more this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are planning a trip to see the west coast group in July, and Son3 along with Girlfriend3 are coming back to Alabama in August.

      Delete
  2. Your granddaughter singing to make the rain go away is really sweet. Does this mean there's going to be another musical member in your family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has been singing lustily since she was able to make sounds! The jury is still out but she does love music. Her dad can play just about any instrument once he figures the mechanics of it. He has said he wishes he had played in the band rather than do the sports thing in high school. Of course hindsight is always so much clearer.

      Delete
  3. Only in the South would you run across a random guy smoking pork butts(and willing to sell you one)! lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He also had fresh tomatoes, watermelon and boiled peanuts. It was one stop shopping in a gravel parking lot!

      Delete
  4. Smokin butts mean something completely different out here.....Sounds like a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw smoking butts and immediately thought you had come across some guy who was picking up cigarette butts and smoking them to get that last drag out. It probably happens. Cigarettes are expensive, as they should be.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I guess vernacular is regional. here smoking butts means having butt roasts on a huge smoker. No one would think anything else.

      Delete
  6. Add me to those for whom smoking butts has a whole new meaning.
    Love your positives. And notice how often they relate to the important things - family time. (With a side order of less cooking chores.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until I started looking at it, I could not believe how many meals I did not make last week. I am dedicating this time to enjoy Son3. The last time he was here was during Christmas, so I will enjoy his visit and worry about other things after he is gone.

      Delete
  7. How sweet of your granddaughter to sing "Rain, rain, go away" for you! :) My daughter is in Atlanta for a conference and she said it was raining when she arrived there (Sunday night). Glad the tree branch didn't cause any damage to your Mom's house. Hope she has recovered from the shock and excitement of it. Glad, too, you got to enjoy the week with family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a sweet thing for her to do. The south is being blitzed with rain and thunderstorms, hope your daughter 's conference is inclusive and she doesn't have to walk around in this.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.