Translate

Monday, June 12, 2017

Positively Monday

Son3 was still in town for a visit so I tried very hard to have my car available for him. It was a good week but I was at home so much waiting for whenever my car would return to run my errands that I lost track of time. I must be one of those people who mark time in my memory based of where I was and what I did, because every day this past week has run together. Since I forgot to record the best thing that happened each day and because I have no specific things to jog my memoryI have nothing this week. It was a great week though. We spent a lot of time talking, a lot of time laughing, a lot of time eating out, and a lot of time playing music. (both recorded music and our personal live music) Son3 brought a book of Bach Chorales with him so he could learn them. They are such beautiful small pieces, I enjoyed playing  them so much I ordered the same book to have here.

And did I mention some serious binge watching of Orange is the New Black? (Yep, the entire season in 2 days) See how smart I am? Now I have an entire year to wonder what happens next. I love it when I do brilliant things like that.

Son3 is leaving this afternoon and I know I will miss him very much, but will be glad to have total control of my car so I can go wherever I want whenever I want. I won't have a ton of time to miss him since he is coming back with Girlfriend3 in August for a couple of weeks. When that happens we are going to introduce her to the Gulf Coast, the lake place and Southern cuisine. (Specifically grits, BBQ, boiled peanuts, and fried okra)   

This is going to be another weird week since my normal is turning upside down again, but I promise I will try and jot down the best things that happen!  Hope y'all all have a wonderful week also.

20 comments:

  1. Another son visiting, perhaps? It sounds like you had a terrific week with your son. Now that I see my older kids so seldom, I really try to be present in the moment with them (when they are around and not busy connecting with everyone else.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing Sam. When they are here my time is theirs!

      Delete
  2. I thought maybe you started a post and added each day at the end of the day. I, too, would connect what happened to where I was. If I were thrown off by not having the car or something, I would definitely forgot what happened and when.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally do start a post and keep it up through the week, but this past week I shared my car and my computer so things I do normally were replaced by other things.

      Delete
  3. What about pimento cheese sammiches and putting salted peanuts in your coke? lolz Oh there are so many Southern cuisine things you should/can introduce her too. If GF3 tries to likewise introduce you to Surströmming, messmör or lutefisk, take a pass!! Eat the pankakor or lefse though.(Except lefse is Norwegian I think.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever watched the youtube videos of people eating Surstromming for the first time. https://www.facebook.com/Anne-in-the-Kitchen-564275010627624/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel It is more than a tad funny, or maybe I am just a closet sadist.

      Delete
    2. And, she is from where? You could torture her with boiled okra. Give her fried green tomatoes, BLTs, Moon Pies.

      Delete
    3. She is Swedish via Switzerland, but studies in NYC. Maybe I should do the ultimate and serve her fried green tomato blt?

      Delete
    4. Fried green tomatoes are good! I didn't eat them for the first time until I moved to Florida. Yummy! But I think boiled peanuts look like cockroaches.

      Love,
      Janie

      Delete
    5. They look bad and I am not crazy about the way they taste, but we will still introduce her to them.

      Delete
  4. I think you had a great week, I mean being able to binge watch tv? Nothing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a good week and enjoyed Son3 being here!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like the week was full of positive things with Son3 visiting. Playing music, going out to eat, binge watching one of your favorite shows, talking, laughing, enjoying each others company, etc., those are all positive things, aren't they? Enjoy having your car back! And your computer, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun almost 2 weeks but now it is time for everything to get back to normal, for all of us. I feel like I have been in the middle of a food orgy and I am ready to eat salads.

      Delete
  6. It sounds an absolutely blissful week. Love, laughter, music and some binging... Hard to ask for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really asking for nothing else. It was a good week.

      Delete
  7. When my son's are visiting, it's always a good week for me and sounds like it was for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too funny with the binge watching! Certain shows are so addictive - I've been watching all 6 seasons of "Shameless" the past few months. I will miss it so much but I have a lot to catch up on like Orange... & House of...Bloodline...- there's always something good to watch.
    Your shared interest and talents in music must make for wonderful homecomings. I think that covers the positive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I really do is connect my laptop to Echo via bluetooth. I have a much louder volume that way and I can hear it while I am in several rooms, so I listen way more than I watch. It works well but right now my den is covered with clean folded laundry because I can't hear it from the laundry room. so I dumped everything and folded from the couch. I am all about accommodating addictions!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.