Translate

Monday, June 26, 2017

Positively Monday

Each day I try and record the best thing that happened that day, then list them all on Monday. It keeps me focused on what is good and opens me to whatever positives the next week might bring.  Like everyone, there are days when it is easier to find the good, but the exercise of compiling them daily reinforces the belief that every single day has something worthwhile and happy.

Monday: Ordered a new top with a 25 percent off coupon that was expiring Monday, because the store did not have it in my size. I opted to pick it up at the store to save shipping, and then received a coupon via email for 10 dollars off my next purchase.  Score!

Tuesday: My Beloved Sister had a birthday, so Mom and I met her for lunch.  We do this on special occasions and Mom and I go early, order and have everything ready so MBS can enjoy her meal without having to hurry. She only get an hour for lunch. If any of you have the opportunity to eat at Chicken Salad Chick give the Fancy Nancy a try.  It is really tasty.
(Added positive: I found the most horrible garish red sequined pillow for 2 bucks at Ollie'
s, so naturally I bought it, wrapped it and gave it to MBS as one of her birthday gifts.  Each birthday we give each other something really tacky or regift a previous years tacky gift. I expect this pillow to come back to me in September)

Wednesday: Pip (the granddaughter) has been telling me to watch Moana (her new favorite movie). It is on Netflix now, so I watched it and will begin making her a Moana costume next week so I can take it with me when we visit in July..

Thursday: I had the privilege of watching The Little Mermaid performed by participants of The Independence Place of Alabama. It was wonderful to see this group do such a remarkable job, and the ad-libs (lots of them, I mean, who needs lines?) were pretty incredible too.

Friday: Hmmmm, I didn't get struck by lightning (nuff said about a very difficult day!) Son2 and GF2 took dinner to Mom and ate with her. (I just could not go to her house one more time)  Oh and Girlfriend2 and I watched a psychological thriller which was good but very intense, so we watched a sitcom immediately  afterward.

Saturday: TheHub and I decided to have a nighttime shopping trip. I found lovely cheap outdoor pillows and a chair pad for the rocker on the screened deck and also bought new plants for the pots around the pool. I still need a few more. This crazy weather had done some serious damage to a lot of the plants.
I probably should also mention peanut butter pie!

Sunday: The insane weather has wrecked havoc with the pool water.  Today has been a working, trying to get the water balanced type of day. Not there yet but it's close, plus all the plants have been planted, some others that have had damage from too many high winds and water have been removed so at least it looks happier outside.

11 comments:

  1. Watching a sitcom after a psychological thriller seems like an excellent idea. I have a September birthday, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a nice way to enjoy the thriller but not carry it with me to bed.

      Delete
  2. Big smiles. Love your positives.
    I broke a tooth last week - but yesterday was able to get it fixed quickly, painlessly and (relatively) cheaply. All big wins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about you but I am at that age when I have to take wins as I find them!

      Delete
  3. Moana was great and the animation was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever given your sister some nastay lingerie? That could make a funny gift.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have never done the lingerie thing before. There are just so many funny things out there that we have not gone that circuit yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pools are nice but so much work and then you have crappy weather to add to that. I am sorry. Love the gag gift idea. My sister's and I are always looking for something silly for one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about the mixed bag of nuts with a pool. MBS and I give each other something funny every gift occasion.

      Delete
  7. I usually don't watch thrillers because that's not what I want to think about before I go to sleep. I'm not sure if watching a sitcom afterwards would wipe out those scary images for me. However, sounds like a good night of watching for you. Always good to hear your positives. Reading them serves as a good reminder for the rest of us to focus that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if it is part of my nature or nurture, but Dad always looked on the bright side of everything.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.