Translate

Monday, October 16, 2017

Positively Monday and some Musings

This past week was a fun week even though we had no real plans or events. Because TheHub has been working exceptionally long hours he would come home ready to "do something". The something turned into going out for drinks and some nibbles or picking up some take out instead of staying at home and cooking. It was not financially frugal, but was worth every penny for the stress reduction and change of pace for him. Fortunately we live in a area with many options we could use to our advantage. This week should be the last week of this intensive push at work so maybe next week we can get back to normal. (Because he has had this job a long time  and I know how it goes, read the prior sentence with the emphasis on the word "should")

Positives:
TheHub can see the light at the end of the tunnel at work. (Maybe)
Mom had a relatively good week with just a few emergencies.
BIL had great news regarding a recent CT scan
Today the weather is cooler___finally!
I am still able to use items from our food storage and have only shopped once in 2 weeks.
Alabama won their game. Roll Tide!

Musings:
There are 5 weeks until Thanksgiving. I managed to get the upstairs clean with the exception of the music room and I just did not have it in me to clean it. Hopefully it will be done this week. I also started on the hovel laundry room/studio. I am not exactly sure how it became so disorganized but it did and now I am paying for the lack of upkeep. My good friend, Cindy, has a wonderful method of attacking a job that seems impossible. She starts in one corner and works from left to right in timed increments. I decided to follow her plan with one minor adjustment. I took my laptop into the room and set it up on the desk, turned on Netflix and for every hour I worked in the room I got to "watch" (mainly listen) to "Mind Hunter". As soon as I finish this post I am going to hit the laundry room again because I need to know what happens next!

There are 11 weeks until Christmas. This week I got a few more gifts wrapped, found 5 more I had stashed in the guest room dresser (ah, the benefits of deep cleaning) worked on my Christmas organizer, and started looking at our calendar so I can tentatively plan some entertaining events.

We are trying to work a short trip to Portland into our November schedule, and a weekend in NYC at the end of November. (Girlfriend3 has the lead in a musical and we would like to see her perform)

This week is filled with Mom stuff,  and where Mom stuff goes, there goes my time, so I am planning little other than being accommodating/

Meun:
TheHub is going to be out of town most of this week so my meal planning is sparse.
1. Chicken divan, rice, salad
2. Leftover chicken divan, grapes
3. Soup or maybe just popcorn
4. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, apple
5. White bbq chicken, salad, french bread
6. Peas, okra, and cornbread
7. Chicken fried rice
8. Spaghetti with bolognese, salad
These are only suggestions and what happens could be entirely different, except for the chicken divan which is on the menu for tonight and probably tomorrow.

Hope y'all all have a wonderful week filled with adventures.









27 comments:

  1. For years and years I put all gifts for all occasions in one spot, so nothing was lost. However, I am not so organized now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have a gift closet, but it got taken over and now, wel,l I am not sure what I do but I'm glad I am doing a multi week deep clean so things will reappear.

      Delete
  2. I only have one gift bought ahead and I couldn't find it the other day. Luckily, I did eventually find it. It was a customized gift so it would have been hard to duplicate. Sounds like a good idea to not schedule much else in a week filled with lots of obligations with your mom. If you did expect to other things, you may be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found some weeks are best left to her. Today is just Monday and we are already on "emergency" number 2

      Delete
  3. I hope the emergencies the week brings can all be sorted.
    My partner is heading overseas again at the end of the week so this week is devoted to his 'last minute' things. And hopefully NO emergencies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at the least the emergencies today have been tended. But tomorrow is filled with promises of another crisis.

      Delete
  4. I ordered more Christmas gifts online today. I have been buying a bit here and there for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy bit and pieces all year. Now I just have to find where I stashed what I bought!

      Delete
  5. Yikes!!! Time is running out on Thanksgiving and Christmas! I bought some goodies on Lakeside Collections and Holler lately for stocking stuffers and little gifts for the kids. Planning on doing some sewing for gifts too. But have to get past Halloween costumes I guess..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We no longer have to do Halloween things, All I have to do is answer the doorbell and hand out candy, so it is pretty easy.

      Delete
  6. Popcorn for dinner is always excellent. I read a review of Mind Hunter that says it's riveting. What musical is Girlfriend3 in?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nine. I have never seen it and she says it is a lesser known musical, but we hope to see it. She has a fabulous voice.

      Delete
    2. Nine was released as a movie in 2009. It stars Daniel Day-Lewis, Marion Cotillard, Penelope Cruz, and some other great actors. I don't think much of Day-Lewis's singing and dancing, yet I enjoyed the movie anyway.

      Delete
  7. I love super easy dinners when hubby is away, 5 minutes or less. Breakfast for supper normally fits that bill :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love meals like that too.I can eat the same thing 3 days in a row and it doesn't bother me so I might have chicken divan every night.

      Delete
  8. Glad you got today's emergencies dealt with. Just one day at a time. That busy season of the year is approaching, isn't it? Sounds like you are well on your way with the Christmas gifts. I've made my list of gift recipients and I have some gift ideas, but only a few gifts. I'll concentrate on Christmas after the prayer gathering is over. I like your friend's method of organizing. I tell myself to clear just one horizontal surface at a time and that helps. Just wish I can keep things maintained! You've got a good list of meal suggestions, there. Hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless! One day at a time and another emergency today taken care of. This one would be a shrubbery emergency!

      Delete
  9. While I do miss having someone to cook for it's so easy when you only have yourself to think about it isn't it? Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a couple of eggplant here that I need to use but I have to wait until son #2 isn't home. Apart from that, my menu is unplanned for the foreseeable future!

    PB & jelly sandwich sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is obvious to me I only make a plan just so I can go in a totally different direction.

      Delete
  11. Isn't it funny how our menus are so simplified when we just have to provide for ourselves. When Kazi comes home for dinner I make such well balanced meals, but when it's just me I make a grilled cheese sandwich or an omlette. And yes, sometimes just popcorn! Hey, it's a vegetable right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was secretly looking forward to 3 nights of unplanned (meaning no or little cooking) meals. TheHub called around midnight last night and his plans have changed. Now they are flying home mid day today. His last sentence? "So I will be there in time for dinner"

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Getting closer and closer. To me Halloween is the official start of the holiday season, and I want to be through deep cleaning the house before then.

      Delete
  13. Apart from that, my menu is unplanned for the foreseeable future!


    เกย์ไทย

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.