Translate

Friday, February 23, 2018

A Day Beginning a New Life

I have been pretty much absent from the blog world this week except for a post I had written for last week that was hanging out waiting for me to hit publish, but we had an unexpected event that required a little attention.

Son2 and GF2 have been an item for a while now, and we absolutely adore her. In fact, I told Son2 if they ever decided to quit seeing each other, we would be heart broken and we sure would miss HIM.
Well last week  he decided to do a little shopping, and came home with a gorgeous ring. Now I need to go into a little back story here.

Son2 has been a volunteer at The Independence Place of Alabama  (a facility to meet the social and recreational essentials of special needs adults) for a while now, and one day  he met this lovely new employee. They enjoyed conversations each time he was out there and with a gentle nudge from the director of the facility (the director of the facility is a relative of ours and nudges about as gently as a wrecking ball hits a brick building) they wound up going out to dinner one evening. The rest is history and they have been together ever since.

Friday afternoon of last week Son2 told me how he planned to propose. Since they are both so connected to IP he thought it would be perfect to do the deed there, with the participants helping him with the proposal. He asked me if I would make some cupcakes for him to take with him so they could have a little party afterwards. I told him that was fine and I would be delighted to do it. Well, he talked to the director and she thought it was a great idea, and somehow the party went from a participants and staff only to an event.  She called me and asked what all I was doing  for the party and told me there would be 50-60 people. WTH!?! I thought I was making two dozen cupcakes!!!

Instead, I started getting into party mode and had from Saturday- Wednesday morning to put it together. And by Wednesday morning I had it all worked out and a party was put together for 2 of the most wonderful, deserving people I have ever known.

The day came and all of the participants who go on Wednesday were there to help. After many secrets, lies and diversions they had it set up to be a complete surprise. If you want to see the video you can watch it here. https://www.facebook.com/anneinkitchen/  Begin at the 2:33 mark  because there was some lag time waiting on them to get from the car to the facility's dining room.

He likes it so he put a ring on it...wedding to follow, shortly!

23 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I thought this was what you alluded to on your last post after I saw the video on FB.
    Tell Son#2 congrats from us!
    And congrats to you all for getting a new daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her, but I think Our other "daughter" will be even more thrilled that she is not the only female in that generation.! I am used to being outnumbered so it doesn't bother me anymore. Mama K grew up in a totally female family and having 3 very competitive guys together is a foreign concept to her

      Delete
  2. What exciting news Anne! That's so wonderful! And, what a sweet way to propose! Congrats all around! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was special. They are going to ask them to all be honorary attendants at the wedding.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! That proposal was so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are probably the 2 sweetest humans I have ever met, and bring out the best in each other all the time.

      Delete
  4. So wonderful! Thanks for letting me share in the joy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how wonderful! I confess to getting a little teary eyed :) Congrats to the lovely couple!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was incredibly sweet and she was totally surprised.

      Delete
  6. A sweet couple who bring out each others best? sounds like an absolute match made in heaven!
    Congratulations to them and you, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it was a success. She was surprised! Congratulations to you on a new dil and to their starting a new life together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you for both of them! They are lovely and have both waited a long time before finding each other.

      Delete
  9. Wow, how neat that he involved everyone from the center. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you. They both have such big and generous hearts!

      Delete
  11. That is awesome. My DDs boyfriend just texted us a picture of the ring he picked up today for his proposal in about 10 days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to then both! To you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really late to the party so to speak but thanks for sharing the video! That was so sweet, I was crying all by myself on the patio, LOL. Many wishes of happiness to the new fiancés! And kudos to you for pulling off a big party with only days to spare.

    Unfortunately for me, Middle Son broke off with The Most Awesome Girlfriend In the World last year. I was really mad at him over it. He says he doesn't miss her, but I sure do! I keep hoping she'll go for a younger guy once Youngest Son is a little older :P)

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.