I will be honest and say out loud for the world to hear__I hate candy corn, unless . . .
Salted cocktail peanuts
Place all in a covered bowl. Shake to mix. Put some in a small bowl. Eat. Try to stop eating.
Annie has a series of 4 questions for Tuesdays. Some of them have made me think or reminisce about times in the past. This post did not require a whole lot of thinking, but simply reading the word Tuesday did remind me of this song. I had this when I was in high school and it is probably in the basement along with the rest of our old vinyl albums. I bought it because I liked "Nights in White Satin" but after buying and listening to the entire album, it turns out that was my least favorite song.
Some questions, like today, are pretty straight forward. But before I go any further, let me make it known that I absolutely hate housework. I do it because it has to be done, but I get no pleasure from it. I do like the after effect, but the process sucks.
1. What laundry products do you like to use or find best for you?
I use Shout for stains, bleach for the white towels, All Small and Mighty unscented detergent and Myers Lavender fabric softener
2. Dryer, line or combination of both?
Dryer and a hanging rod in the laundry room. Our neighborhood does not allow clothes lines
3. Do you have wood floors or carpeting and which is best?
Living room, dining room, powder room and all hallways are hardwood. Next I will put hardwoods in the MBR and the main level den. Currently I have carpet in all the bedrooms, the dens, and the music room
4. Housekeeping professionals give the following guidelines. Which do you follow? Do you have better ideas?
1. Open windows first No
2. Clear up clutter before cleaning. Mostly but I can ignore a cluttered coffee table or dresser
3. Start in bedrooms first No, but I do make the bed before I leave the bedroom in the morning
4. Give cleaning products time to work. Yes
5. Always sweep or vacuum before mopping Sweep
6. Use a toothbrush for hard to get at areas Yes
7. Keep things on a central cart if you can No. I keep multiples of products where there are used. i.e. Each bathroom has its own toilet bowl cleaner and scrub free, toilet brush, paper towels, and glass cleaner
8. Dust everything Depends on the day
9. Vacuum your furniture often, mattresses once a month or so. Furniture, yes. Mattress only when I wash the mattress pad