Week one___ and the upcoming MOG dress is still a tad to tight. I weighed bright and early Monday morning, which is my usual weigh in day, and somehow even doing keto all week, I had managed to gain 1 1/2 pounds. WTH!!!
So I did the only thing possible. I ate not one, not two, but 3 cookies and a 2 inch stack of Pringles. Then I realized I would not lose anymore weight if I kept eating like that so I got back on the proverbial keto wagon and ate keto the rest of the week.
This is what I had planned vs. what actually happened
1. Mississippi pot roast/ green beans/ carrots (TheHub)/ potatoes (TheHub)/ cauliflower (me)
Had this sans carrots and potatoes for TheHub. He had rice instead.
2. Italian sausage with onions, peppers, spinach, tomatoes and garlic/ coleslaw
Had this but added new potatoes for TheHub
3. Chicken curry/ broccoli/cauliflower rice (me)/ brown rice (TheHub)
Had this but served asparagus instead of broccoli. This was really good
4. Grilled steak/ baked potato (TheHub)/ tomato, onion, cucumber salad
Nope, Seared scallops, tossed salad, TheHub had tater tots and I had mashed cauliflower
5. Baked chicken tenders/ cauliflower fake potato salad/ sliced tomatoes
Chicken tenders, cucumbers, sliced tomatoes
6. Carnitas/ tortillas (TheHub)/ tossed salad/ * keto tortillas is I feel really ambitions
Not sure what we had this night but I know it was not carnitas.
7. Take out, or leftovers, or a fake bread grilled cheese. I don't care which, but I am not cooking every day.
Out to eat
In addition to this I made and froze a recipe of keto rolls and a loaf of keto bread (neither of which tastes remotely close to the real thing, but, if you have had none since June, are perfectly acceptable. I will buy TheHub some bakery rolls which with satisfy him. I have also been making us a keto dessert once a week. This week I am making cheesecakes that taste remarkably similar to a plain old cheesecake.
I did bake the "breads" but did not eat them though I did buy a pack of rolls for TheHub, and he ate one only 2 nights. I intended to make the keto cheesecake but never got around to it. Maybe this week, or maybe I will make some keto cookies.
Menu for the coming week
1 Buffalo chicken salad on greens with sliced tomatoes and brussels sprouts
2 Goyza meatballs over cauli rice (me) and brown rice (TheHub), asparagus
3. Pork tenderloin, German "potato" (cauliflower) salad, green beans
4. White bbq chicken, broccoli, cucumber/tomato salad
5. Carnitas, coleslaw, tortillas for him and keto tortillas for me if I feel inspired enough to make them.
6. Sausage and kraut bake, tomatoes, potatoes for TheHub
7. Leftovers or out to eat
keto cookies, keto sausage balls (Saturday lake breakfast), keto cheesecakes
Now fingers are crossed that weigh in tomorrow morning is a successful losing venture!