First is the December list with what did and what didn't happen, followed but the January list of possibilities.
December's Joy List: I think I flunked the Joy list in December
3. Go to a Nutcracker performance We were supposed to go see our great niece, but life changed our plans
8. Make a gift for my granddaughter (the most beautiful girl in the world)
10. Bake Shelby, the dog, fresh doggie treats Sorry Sheeb!
12. Try 3 new candy recipes
13. Celebrate the advent season with a weekly devotion and lighting of the advent candles.
15. Take the granddaughter to see Christmas lights, ride the reindeer carousel and see Santa
18. Have friends in for beverages and cookies
19. Take Mom to visit some friends
20. Help Mom with a small luncheon. She decided not to have one and took them out instead
21. Take blankets and old coats to one of the local homeless shelters. It has been hot here and they are not needed/wanted yet, but I have them ready when the weather turns.
22. Take food to someone having a difficult time.
23. Send a celebration card or note to someone with exceptionally good news
26. Special food pantry donation
32. Read 2 and 1/4 books I didn't even finish the 1/4th book
1 . Send someone who deserves it a hand written congratulations note.
2 . Take care of all thank you notes.
3 . Buy new address pages and calendar pages for Daytimer.
7 . Food bank large donation (they dry up after Christmas)
8 . Take coats and blankets to shelter. (It was so hot in December they wouldn't take them)
10. Eat salad daily
12. Make 1 Christmas present for next year
13. Purge 10 things per week
14. Read 3 books
15. Watch a movie that will make me cry (I am thinking Madame X with Lana Turner)
17. Make citrus infused wine for summer
18. Clean dining room buffet (drawers and cabinets)
20. Learn to do something new.
22. Try a new to me recipe
23. Begin learning conversational Spanish (Speaking is much harder for me than reading it.)
24. Take Mom to visit Uncle Bob
25. Take Mom window shopping
26. Find some kind of mission work for homeless
27. Attend a lecture or informational meeting
28. Go to a local museum
29. Try a new to me food (fruit or vegetable)
30. Finish repairing quilt
31. Make some centerpiece for Chinese New Year (Feb 8) This is the year of the Red Monkey