Translate

Friday, April 22, 2016

2016 Freezem, Canem, Dryem Fermentem List

I am using this blog post as a way of keeping up with the food I am freezing, dehydrating, fermenting or canning for 2016.  Since I just thought of doing this (saw it on someone else's blog and am stealing the idea) and am a little late to the 2016 party, as of today I am just listing what I remember.  After this I will keep a concise list which might help me when it comes to consuming what I have processed.  I will include meats, seasonal produce, pickles  and even some spirited infusions. Anything that has a "do now, enjoy later" plan will be listed.  Comments and suggestions are always welcome, since I sometimes am too narrow with my visions of how to process things.  I am also going to keep a companion list called The Use em Up List.  Right now it is empty because I haven't used anything from this list. I am just hoping having both will help me control inventory a little better without having to eat only from the freezer like we are having to do right now.

I will be updating this each time I add anything to the prepped foods, but will repost it monthly.


This is not a picture of my freezer, just a randomly google searched picture, but along with visions of sugarplums this is one of my fantasy images.


Dehydrated

10 pounds white mushrooms
2 pound baby bella mushrooms
6 pounds yellow onions
7 pineapples
2 whole stalks celery

Infusions of a Spirited Nature

3 bottles citrus infused white wine (will be ready for consumption in June)
5 quarts pineapple infused vodka
1 pint blueberry vodka
1/2 pint haberno tequila

Pickles

Brussels Sprout/Basil pickles

Freezer Meats and Fowl

20 pounds ground beef
10lbs uncooked boneless skinless chicken thighs
3 lbs co oked boneless skinless chicken thighs
6 lb ham, bought after Easter
4 lb. bacon cooked, individually frozen then bulk packed
5 lb frozen boneless chicken breasts

Cooked, Frozen Entrees

2 quart bags picadillo
1 quart bag spaghetti sauce
1 quart bag chili

Frozen Produce
1 pound cherries
6 pints blackberries
4 pints raspberries
2 quarts strawberries
5 heads cauliflower "rice"
2 spaghetti squash, baked and separated
2 vodka infused pineapples (slices. Will use these in adult beverages this summer)

Frozen Breads/Baked Goods

Canned Foods

10 comments:

  1. What do you mean by cauliflower rice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I whirl raw cauliflower in the blender until it is the consistency of rice, then freeze it. When I am doing paleo I use it like rice as the " bottom" of an entree much like I use spaghetti squash instead of noodles

      Delete
  2. I actually mean chop in the food processor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally officially clicked the follow-I thought I had been all along and realized you weren't in my automatic updates-sorry, and sorry for myself that I've been missing your posts. I may be pluggin gup past posts with comments as I get caught up.
    That's a good inventory, and before garden season, not that it means that to me. I call it Farmers Market season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I call it garden season because it comes from someones garden, just not mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, Anne! I think I should do this as well. Although really my pantry also needs to be inventoried so I stay on top of it all.

    You can create a separate page for these lists, if you want to keep them easily accessible. I did that for my home goals this year and its a lot easier to just update the one page rather than having to find a specific blog post all the time. I'm still trying to write updates when we actually DO stuff, but the list itself is marked up separately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought about a separate page, but if I have to hunt for the list it keeps it more at the forefront of my pea brain, and I need all the reminders to use stuff that I can get.
    2015 was a weird year for us and nothing went according to plan, including using a lot of the food I had processed for the winter. Instead of eating it all along I am frantically cooking it now for every meal, just to use it up and get it eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm way too lazy for this! Hats off to you! I think I would cheat and just not shop and use everything I could then inventory what was left. Good luck you overachiever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to be able to do it that way, but then I would miss out on the $1.59 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts I found yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.