Hmmm. March came and went and I didn't get a lot of my list finished, but I did go to New York and Son3 came home for Spring Break, so I am cutting myself a little slack.
Volunteer at Independence Place
2. Volunteer with homeless ministry
Go to an art show Went to a ballet instead
Make a Christmas present Merry Christmas Beloved Sister
7. Work on learning Spanish -Didnt happen
Use remainder of frozen meats Should finish the rest this coming week
Decorate for St. Pat's and then Easter (They are terribly close together this year so maybe just Easter) Simple Easter decorations won
. Plan something special for Mom's birthday Early dinner at Mom's with Sis, TheHub, Mom Son2, and me. She really liked it though.
Take Mom out weekly at night Most weeks but she didn't want to go one week
12. Explore a small town nearby. Visit a local business and eat at a local restaurant/diner there.
Read 4 books The Things We Bury, The Kitchen House, The Toaster Oven Mocks Me, Southern Routes: Secret Recipes from the Best Joints in the South
14. Paint a couple of pictures for the lake place -Totally uninspired
Try a new to me vegetable, herb or fruit Forget what it was called but it was a radish type thing from an Asian market
16. Go to a museum
Learn jazz piano (at least 1 song) Can't play it terribly well but learned Elmer's Tune
Make citrus infused wine for summer And now the wait begins
Begin the seasonal wardrobe change Almost finished
Refashion at least 1 clothing item.
Get rid or 10 items per week
22. Reconnect with someone I have lost touch with.
See a play Saw "Million Dollar Quartet", "The King and I" Saw it at the Lincoln Center. Go if at all possible!
24. Go to the park and watch a random little league baseball game
25. Try an ethnic meal from a region I have never tried before
Send someone a handwritten congratulatory note.
27. Take food to someone having a rough patch.
Try a totally new and different hair style/color Style not color this time
29. Buy and donate an Easter outfit for a kid
Keep a gratitude notebook for March, listing every good thing.
Eat something chocolaty and gooey after Lent, then hop back on the paleo wagon. Decided to hop back on Monday
Remember to be kind, even when I don't want to be.
Do something for someone randomly, expecting nothing in return
April Joy List
. Take Mom to Uncle Bob's Happy Birthday, UB!
Have a small dinner party Had grilled swordfish, baked potatoes, salad, rolls and cake for 4
Learn another jazz song for piano Lullaby of Birdland (again not great but I can play it and even tried my hand at improv)
Take food to someone having a hard time Sorry about the surgery Sally but loved seeing you
5. Go to a small town 2 times this month. Eat Locally and explore a local business. Ran out of time
6. Since I missed Easter, buy an outfit for someone who has lost everything - Found a family who lost everything in a fire. Waiting for specific sizes and wants
7. Go watch a little league ball game- Just flat out didn't do this
8. Go to a museum - didn't do it
9. See a play - Gave our tickets to Flashdance away
10. Go to a matinee movie by myself (eat popcorn)- Nothing I really wanted to see was playing
. Read at least 4 books "The Day I Was Crucified" "The Runaway Family" "The Girl on a Train"
Try a new to me beverage Sazerac (meh)
. Continue with the gratitude list I am amazed at what all I have to be thankful about
Make 2 prototypes for I.P. Christmas sale will post pics of these later
Volunteer at Independence Place This place has a large piece of my heart
Seriously do something with a homeless ministry Cooked for a couple of families in transitional housing.
Take flowers to someone
Get herbs planted
19. Watch an Opera (if I can't see one live at least I can watch a video) Dido and Aeneas. Ran out of time but will do this in May
Find some free live music to enjoy Heard Sweet Kick at Workplay's bar.
Make a Christmas present This one is really cute. I actually want it.
22. Repair 2 squares on quilt top Thought of this every time I made my bed, then didn't think about it again.
23. Polish silver (yes it is a chore but I love the way things look after it is done)
Get rid of 10 items per week
Paint those 2 pictures for the lake (Find some inspiration somewhere) Did 1 but still uninspired about the other
26. Make cookies for the neighborhood kids
27. Open the pool Rain got in the way
Work on learning Spanish
Work on family cookbook
30. Have guests at the lake place Forgot TheHub was going to be busy 2 weeks this month. Maybe in May
Be kind, even if I don't want to This month has been one that begged me to kick butt and take names, but I am forcing myself to be kind (even to those who don't deserve my kindness, but probably need it most. I am thinking of eliminating this item in May just so I can snap if I want to.)
Plant flower seed (Must have zinnias)
33. Make paper from junk mail- Have to find a working blender at a garage sale first, no luck so far. Not using my good blender.
34. Paint corner cabinets in dining room (faux leather tops?)
35. Paint decorative edging on basement stairs at lake place.- Only went once and left my paints at home.