At Last! Spotify and I Are Working Together! The first song on Monday's Discover Weekly play list was Lets Stick Together. I had never heard of this artist before but I was familiar with the song itself, and I could work with the word "together" pretty easily.
And I apologize for not commenting on a lot of your blogs. I have been reading them but when I try to post after commenting it seems to be lost in the ether, and it times out before going through. Weirdly it only happens sometimes and not others. I have given up trying to figure how Blogger works (or doesn't work).
Monday: I try and plan nothing on Mondays. I like to be at home and get all the ducks that flew the coop over the weekend in order for the week. Didn't work this week though.
We made some changes regarding our estate planning and put everything in a trust. That included the house and because our house was in my name, I was the one who had to go to the satellite courthouse office and legally re-title it for tax exemptions. (I have no idea why they call it an exemption, when you still have to pay, but just a tad less than we used to)
Anyway thankfully there was no line and the woman who helped me could not have been nicer, which is a rarity there. It took less the 15 minutes to complete the task, and I figured as long as I was already in "going out and about" clothes and makeup, I might as well run a few errands then go ahead and hit the sale items I had on my grocery list from ThePig.
Just about every Monday they have a special free or reduced price item, in addition to the weekly free one. Woo hoo! Red Solo cups and a package of Martha White Muffin mix at zero cost. Of course I also bought 7 pounds of ground chuck (sale priced) and 10 pounds of chicken quarters (also sale priced)
Just as I was pulling in the driveway after shopping, our new neighbor and her 3 year old daughter came over to chit chat for a minute, but her daughter wanted to come into the house. She took a little tour of the main level and found the toys I keep on the den hearth, then agreed one day in the next couple of weeks she and her mom will come here for a tea party.
Just as I was pulling in the driveway after shopping, our new neighbor and her 3 year old daughter came over to chit chat for a minute, but her daughter wanted to come into the house. She took a little tour of the main level and found the toys I keep on the den hearth, then agreed one day in the next couple of weeks she and her mom will come here for a tea party.
She is an adorable child with flame on orange hair. I told her mom I always wanted one of mine to be a ginger, but I guess basic genetics worked against that ever happening.
Once they left I began processing the chicken quarters for the freezer. After cooking and boning them I have enough cooked chicken for a couple of casseroles, chicken salad, and Korean lettuce wraps twice. Additionally I had the beginnings of a couple of quarts of broth in the crockpot.
What I learned: I am a sucker for a 10 pound bag of chicken quarters, even if I don't really need them.
Dinner: Sloppy Joe's, green beans
What I listened to: Come together
Tuesday: I woke, had coffee the dressed for the day. My Beloved Sister picked me up and we headed to Leeds (a community that is a bit of a haul from ours) to meet our cousin and her 2 darling grandsons at The Burrow Bookstore
It's a 2nd hand bookstore that is absolutely adorable. In addition to books and a "through the wardrobe" kids reading nook with pillows and a Narniaesque scene on the back wall, they sell book accessories, reading glasses, (good thing because I forgot mine and had to buy a pair to add to my collection of a dozen or so that I already have) jewelry, totes, teas and tees. It was wonderful seeing them, but best of all I walked out of there with 3 Christmas presents.
What I learned: Downtown Leeds is having a resurgence with several new places that have opened recently.
Dinner: We had a club minimum we had to use.
Tomato caprese salads, tuna melt, sweet potato wedges
Listened to: Together Let's Find Love
Wednesday: I had my usual Wednesday class, came home for a quick lunch, then TheHub and I headed out for Gainesville, Ga. TheHub's sister lives there and had invited him to come speak to a women's group she belongs to. Since it would be a 10 Thursday morning it made sense to spend the night at her house.
Once there, after sitting in afternoon drive time traffic through Atlanta, we made it to her place a little later than we had hoped for, but we made it.
And for the second time during the week, I forgot to bring glasses, so before I could go out to eat dinner, I had to run by Dollar Tree and pick up a pair. (I actually bought 3 while I was there so I can have a couple to leave in the both mine and TheHub's car glove boxes.
What I learned: When driving all the way through Atlanta either plan on doing that leg of the trip at either 2 pm or am. I would hate to fight that drive time chaos daily.
Dinner: We all went to Mellow Mushroom along with our nephew for dinner.
Greek Salad, bruschetta
Listened to: We go together
Thursday: We woke, downed a cup or two of coffee, (though TheHub and SIL both eat real food in the morning) got dressed and took off for SIL's club meeting. TheHub gave his talk about Parkinson's and what their association does both in funding research and patient resources.
Lots of questions were asked and answered if he knew the answer, researched and answered if he didn't. According to TheHub, I am his biggest critic and I thought he did a great job.
After his talk those who could make it met at The Puzzle Piece www.puzzlepiecepastries.org, a restaurant/bakery/ice cream shop, run primarily by adults with special needs. They do have some volunteer moms who are there to offer help when needed but they do most of it themselves. If you are ever in Gainesville Georgia please stop in!
Our drive home was uneventful with only 2 major traffic snarls in Atlanta. I am considering taking 30 minutes to go 2 miles a significant win vs. the drive time afternoon traffic we had Wednesday.
Once home we unloaded then I froze the chicken broth I had kept simmering on low in the crockpot when we left Wednesday afternoon. The broth was so rich and delicious, especially since the bones, once removed could be crushed with just the fingertips. I managed to get every bit of goodness out of those leg quarters.
What I learned: While I probably should not have gone out of town with the crockpot on low, the initial simmering, refrigerating it, then letting it simmer again (bones and all) for another day and a half turned traditional broth into something so much denser. I will do it again but not when I am going out of town.
Dinner: The Greek Food Festival was happening so we drove down to
grab a couple of dinners to bring home. Though we ordered 2 vegetarian plates it is not what we got, even though they both were labeled V. One was and the other was pastichio. I wanted the vegetarian plate, but TheHub wanted it more. It was fine, and the pastichio was delicious but it was just not what I truly wanted. I am pretty sure this was a first world problem.
Pastichio, green beans, spanakopita, tiropita
Listened to: Together, Where Ever We Go
Friday: This was a pretty uneventful day. I had a little bit of running around to do, but nothing noteworthy or particularly interesting.
What I learned: I learned the definitions of the subtle differences humans use when judging both things and other people.
Dinner: The Greek Festival was so delicious Thursday night we decided to go back Friday night and pick up some takeout.
Chicken, leftover caprese salad, rice pilaf
Listened to: Together you and I*
Saturday: Ball game day! The Bama game was in Starkville Mississippi, and TheHub only has tickets for the Vandy away game. We had a day of washing clothes and watching ball games. Though I went outside a couple of times that day, I did not leave our property even once.
As an aside, our lunch was the leftover Greek salads and pita bread that came with our take out Friday night, for the second meal from that order.
And finally the best part of the day (other than the Bama win) was some much needed rain. It had been so hot and dry and the rain came a little later than I would have liked, but it finally got here.
What I learned: Thanks to the various ball game announcers, I learned details about more college football player's off the field lives than I ever needed to know.
Dinner: Game days always require a game day meal.
Burgers with all the fixings, Sun chips
Listened to: Let's stay Together
We picked up lunch on our way back to the house. We have found if we go to Zaxby's get one 6 piece tender plate and substitute an extra coleslaw for the fries, it is more than enough for both of us for a meal.
Once home, after eating, we both did our own thing.
And did I forget to mention the lovely rain we had? It was a perfect day to stay inside.
What I learned: We watched a video of the Teton National park and started a log of sites we want to visit when we are visiting there
Dinner: We finished up food we had saved from the Friday night Greek Festival plate.
Pastichio, spanakopita, tiropita, tossed salad
Listened to: Love Will Keep Us Together
What I read: I did not finish a book this week (juggling 3) so I have nothing to add.
Have a great week!
May all your weeds be wildflowrs.
Anne
* I have no clue why I remembered this song.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls, spam, and AI. I delete those suckers forever.