1.Buffalo chicken breasts, coleslaw, "cauliflotato" salad
5.steak, tossed salad, baked sweet potato
6.paleo tacos (regular tacos for others) taco fixings, chopped salad
What Really Did Happen
1. Buffalo Chicken Breasts, cauliflotato salad, green beans
2. Out to eat (Forgot book club__ dinner out)
3. *Chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy (takeout) (At the lake painting)
4. *WonTon soup with egg roll (takeout) (At the lake painting till the sun started down and the mosquitos came out)
5. Grilled steak, tossed salad, baked sweet potato
6. Taco salad with tomato, green onions, avocado, and salsa verde
7. Gyro salad
I actually knocked all the big to do items off my list last week, with the exception of scrubbing the screened porch at the lake. I got hung up on the other lake project and it took a little longer than I thought it should. I mentioned I was painting there and wanted to share a peek at the finished project with some before and after photos.
Basement exterior wall before: Ugly yellow green painted cinder block
Same ugly cinder block wall painted to look like stone. I like it much better!
I painted the foundation at the back of the house in addition to a 10 foot retaining wall. It looks so much better! Now the rest of the exterior siding is begging me to paint it grayish brown or brownish gray. It is so over being yellow-green!
Menu possibilities for the week:
1. Coq au vin, tossed salad, cauliflower "mashed potatoes"
2. Steak or pork chop, grilled, tossed salad, baked sweet potato
3. Chicken scampi, mashed sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, waldorf salad
4. Sloppy Joe's, cole slaw, green beans, carrot sticks
5. Hamburger's, cauliflotato salad, some other green veggie,
6. Grilled fish, grilled vegetables (zucchini, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes), tossed salad
7. Spaghetti sauce with zucchini noodles, huge salad
Big Ticket To-Do's:
Sand Grandmother's old porch rocker and re-paint
Repair the seat of the rocker
Cut shrubbery at the lake house
Trim shrubbery at house
plant raised bed garden
clean and re-paint all container pots
clean out guest room closet
touch up paint around house interior
touch up paint at lake place interior
Bake for I.P.
Volunteer at I.P.
Take Dad shopping
*The lake place is 13 miles from the nearest food sources. Since I was painting and Son2 was doing heavy yard work we decided we did not want to cook. Take out is limited to 3 options, all of which are fast food. The only paleo option was a green salad and I was much hungrier than just a salad. I got the second best option that was available. The next night we headed home at about dinner time. All I wanted was a long hot shower and a bowl of soup, so once again I ate non paleo takeout.