I am not exactly sure when and where January went. It started like any new year month, but somehow or another flew past me. I did not knock as many things off the Joy List as I would have liked, but it was not a total flop. Hope springs eternal and February has rolled in. Maybe this will be the month I actually complete this list.
January Joy List Update
1 . Send someone who deserves it a hand written congratulations note. Decided to wait until the first trimester is over before sending the note.
7 . Food bank large donation (they dry up after Christmas) Mom was in the hospital so it threw a little wrench into most of my plans this month
8 . Take coats and blankets to shelter. (It was so hot in December they wouldn't take them)
17. Make citrus infused wine for summer Completely forgot about this one
18. Clean dining room buffet (drawers and cabinets)
20. Learn to do something new.
24. Take Mom to visit Uncle Bob She is not ready to go yet
27. Attend a lecture or informational meeting
28. Go to a local museum
30. Finish repairing quilt Can't find my mending stash!
2.Volunteer with Homeless Ministry
3. Start tomato seedlings
5. Use only meats, chicken or fish from the freezer (No protein buying this month)
6. Make a large dent in the foods in the pantry (Time to use storage items)
7, Start growing sprouts again (I have missed these, especially radish sprouts)
9. Take Mom to visit Uncle Bob (She mentions this weekly and I am available but we still haven't gone)
10. Try a different hair color, even if it is just a temporary rinse
11. Try a new fruit or vegetable
14. Go to a movie solo in the middle of the day.
15. Repair the sewing machine and refashion some frumpy item found in my closet (thinking black dress)
18. Take the large food donation to the food bank
20. Find and enjoy some free live music.
22. Take food to someone who is having a hard time.
23. Take Mom out to do something at night each week this month. (She and Dad did a lot at night and she misses the night lights. My mistake for not catching on to this earlier)
24. Have a small dinner party
28. Read 4 books. Thanks to Band of Brothers I am on a WW2 kick right now, should be interesting to see what I pick to read.
29. Reserve one night to be completely video/tv/computer free. Listen to symphonic music only