Translate

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Mini Chocolate Cobbler

I read the blog Two Men and a Little Farm every time they publish. Many of their posts have wonderful ideas I "borrow" and tweak as a lake place possibility. I truly appreciate all the inspirations I get from the blog, but a few days ago First Man posted what may have been their best post ever__their recipe for chocolate cobbler.  My mouth thanks you so much for posting this, the rest of me, well. . .

I did change the recipe a bit, mainly because it is too dangerous for me to have that much deliciousness in my house at one time. Of course I had to make it twice to get the new proportions correct. (Don't you feel sorry for me having to eat this 2 different nights?) This size is better for me because chocolate leftovers are not my friends, so I almost always reduce the yield in any baked goods. (Except fruit desserts since I am not a huge fan of cooked fruits.)

Smaller Size Chocolate Cobbler

1/2 stick butter, melted
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons self rising flour
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons  toasted pecan pieces (delicious experiment with cobbler #2)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a 1 quart oven proof pan melt the butter. Mix 1/4 plus 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons self rising flour, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and 3 tablespoons of milk  in a bowl. Pour over the melted butter, but DO NOT STIR. Sprinkle the pecan pieces over the batter. DO NOT STIR. Mix the additional sugar and cocoa powder together and sprinkle evenly over the batter. DO NOT STIR. Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over the sugar cocoa mix and DO NOT STIR. Bake approximately 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.







This is what is looks like straight from the oven. The pecans rise to the top of the cobbler, which has a buttery crust with a soft yet dense cake.










When you spoon into it to serve it, you find the cake layer sits on top of this delicious thick chocolate sauce. If Heaven were a food I think this would be what heaven looks like!












I strongly suggest serving it with the cake part down so that all that warm fudgy goodness will be on the top, oozing into the buttery cake. TheHub had his with vanilla ice cream on top, but was so unsure of whether we liked it or not that he had to have another bowlful just to be certain. At least that is his story and he is pretty much sticking to it. I had it plain (misnomer: there is nothing plain about this) and loved it.


This is a picture of my bowl of chocolate cobbler. If I am being perfectly honest I had licked some of the chocolate sauce off of the spoon before I thought to take a picture. Yeah, I couldn't wait even 5 more seconds.





So, there is nothing left to do but curse thank them for sharing this extremely easy to make and even easier to eat dessert that is unfortunately now in our food rotation. Diets be damned!

This smaller version makes 4 smallish servings, 3 regular sized ones, or 2 gigantic servings!
Don't blame me, I am just the messanger!

27 comments:

  1. Great, just great now I want chocolate and I am trying so hard to be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have given up being good! It never works for me anyway!

      Delete
  2. I almost died when I saw the gooey chocolate in the second picture. I wish I felt like actually baking this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you feel a little better later, it is one of the easiest desserts ever!

      Delete
    2. I will wait until I have water. That would work out better. I like this size a lot better than the huge one.

      Delete
  3. I think this recipe is more temptation than I can handle! Yes, thanks and curses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing!!! Also, ice cream is a dairy product, right? I think that is an acceptable purchase for my October pantry challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious! Those pictures are really mean LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'll throw my fitbit away and just eat the cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was worth it, but is way to easy to throw together and too tasty to not make!

      Delete
  7. I am scuttling away quickly. And NOT taking note of the recipe. Even looking at it on screen I could feel my waist expand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the chocolate cobbler recipe from Two Men. I want to make that!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This recipe is simply a reduced version of theirs, plus the toasted pecans because__chocolate and nuts!

      Delete
  9. Looks yummy! Thank you for posting the modified recipe. I wait until daughter comes home to try it - otherwise, I'll eat all of it by myself and that will not be a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly could not have a full recipe around. No matter where in the house I went it would start singing to me.

      Delete
  10. This looks like something I've made called lava cake -- love the combo of chocolate and nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what, looking at it again I think I'm gonna have to find myself a new man. I don't regret divorcing at all but I really miss cooking for someone. Darn it, how can one recipe make you feel like you need to get hitched up again? Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha! Dunno, if you make it and have no one to share it with that just means more for you!

      Delete
  12. Looks incredible! And, I thought I was the only one who doesn't like warm fruit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really tasty and so simple. I love fruit but when it is cooked there is something about the texture that is a little bothersome to my mouth.

      Delete
  13. I am seriously salivating!! And I just ate! Toasted pecans - my favourite nut! What an awesome recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very thankful TwoMen and a Little Farm shared it. It was delicious!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.