Translate

Thursday, February 10, 2011

6 Minutes to Chocolate Bliss

This does not count as a counted recipe in the quest toward 100 new trials. This is tried and true, but I have had a few requests for it so I am putting it here for all to enjoy. I would love to credit the cookbook but I think it was in a cookbook that came with my first ever microwave. I don't remember the year, but microwaves had not been out terribly long.

6 Minute Brownie

1/2 cup butter (melted)
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Melt the butter in a microwave safe mixing bowl ( I use my 8 cup pyrex measuring cup). Add the sugar and stir to mix. Add the eggs and mix well. Mix in the vanilla. Add the flour then cocoa then salt but do not mix until all are added. Stir until the dry ingredients are incorporated, but don't beat too long. If using nuts stir them in. Pour into an 8x8 in microwave pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Microwave 3 minutes, give the pan 1/4 turn and microwave another 1 1/2 - 3 minutes. (Every microwave is different so it is trial and error on your part. Mine takes exactly 5 minutes total) Let cool to warm and cut and serve. If nothing else is done to them they need to be eaten shortly after they are made, because they do get hard sitting . My favorite way is to pour dark rum over the hot brownies and then frost with a white buttercream frosting. The brownies absorb the moisture and the icing seals the tops. They will last in an airtight container about 3 days ( If you can keep them uneaten that long). So what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.