Translate

Thursday, April 2, 2026

Early Spring Aims and How I Did

I did not have a great March for maintaining my spring aims. What can I say?



1. Light a candle or use fragrance melts everyday, but change from winter to more spring like scents. 
This is the easiest thing to do, especially since I now have my wax warmer on a smart plug and can turn it on from anywhere in the house. With the beautiful days I've given up on using the candles much at all.

2. Bake something delicious every week. 
I am doing this, mainly to help TheHub with his new way of eating.
Yesterday was a low carb variation of Starbucks maple pecan scones
 
3. Continue hand copying my recipes into the new book. I am still behind and still need to do some catching up

4. Plan a joint activity with TheHub during the work week. Longer days make this a little easier.
We took a class together, took a trip together, had a few lunches out while running errands, and went shopping a few times.

5. Self pampering. Working on sandal feet!

6. Learn something new every day.
Just living life it is almost impossible to not learn something new, but I have not been diligent posting it on my weekly recap

7. I did not start germinating seeds in time, so I need to shop for some plants to  transplant.* 
Bought a couple of plants and as luck would have it a pot or two of marigolds sprang up as volunteer plants. They are happy little flowers that I have in the yard every year and was glad to see them self propagate.

8. Clean and replant all the various pots in the yard. 
Nope. Looks like that is an April chore.

9. Rearrange things in the house. This is the time to change over curtains, bedspreads, etc.
Some things were changed, but the curtains and bedspreads are still not done. 

10. Go through spring/summer wardrobe and give away any clothes I  am not likely to wear. The same goes for shoes.
Not yet

11. Organize remaining bathroom and linen closets.   
This is a partial success.

12. Schedule a documentary to watch with TheHub weekly. 
This is so easy because we like watching them.

13. Volunteer. 
Independence place is my happy place!

14. Play the piano for at least 15 minutes 4 times a week.
I don't think I have touched the piano more than a few times this month

15. Read a minimum of one book a week.
Done

16. Have lunch with friends at least 4 times during the spring season.
March week 2  Had friends over for lunch at my house
March week 3. Met bookclub for lunch at a restaurant
March week 3  Met childhood friends for lunch at a sports bar
March week 4  Ate multi meals with Son1's family

17. Contact someone I have not spoken with in a long time. Out of sight, out of mind should not happen with people who have had meaning in my life.
March was a busy month and I did not take the time to reach out to anyone I have not spoken with in a long time. My bad!

18. Go to church regularly, both to services and some of the other offerings our church has. 
Church and Angel class

19. Laugh as much as possible. Laughter is a gift I need to use everyday.
As long as I get to talk with My Beloved Sister laughing is bound to happen. We laugh with each other about ourselves.

20. Maintain contact with my sons, DILs, and granddaughter.
This is easy because I love them all very much

21. Try to not be petty. I can be, and it is an unattractive trait.
I try and am somewhat successful, but not totally

22. Have a road trip or day trip a couple of times a month.
This month was just a regular trip rather than a day trip

23. Go to an actual movie theater once a month just to get out of the house and be among the living.
Nope

24. Have coffee at a coffee shop once a month.
I am counting having cafe au lait at Cafe Du Monde. Beignets may or may not have been included.
 
 25. Enjoy every day, even if it is difficult.
I honestly do enjoy at least something every day.

26. Be more approachable, and willing to talk with people I have only spoken to before. 
Met and struck up conversations with a couple who sat at our table at a church dinner. We realized we had much in common.

27. Do something toward Christmas '26 each month
I managed to buy a couple of presents but that was pretty much it.

28. Use existing products before buying more. This is continual, and I have not yet replaced the makeup that makes me look like a vampire.
I still am walking around looking like I am auditioning for the Bride of Dracula. No replacements have been bought. 

29.Get rid of books
Nope!

30. Inventory the pantry and laundry room stash
Done

31. Defrost the freezer.
Did not do this yet

32. Go to bed earlier. I am serious this time.
By earlier I guess I mean go to bed by 2 because that is when I have been going.

33. Try to find a new hobby.  .
I thought I might give crochet a try but I have not tried yet.

34. Maintain a close relationship with My Beloved Sister and invite her to our house for dinner once a week.
I did ask and she has eaten with us a couple of times, but not every week

35. Go to some of the spring festivals around town.
Not yet!

36. Visit a new to us restaurant each month. There are too many out there and available for us to get stuck in a rut.
We did try a new to us restaurant, but there are a lot more to try.

37. Use some of the restaurant gift cards and certificates we have accumulated.
Not yet

38. Have neighbors over for a meal. 
I still have to do this and was too late with one family who moved. 

39. Entertain some of TheHub's cousins who live near us now.
I have asked a couple of times, but they have been out of town.

40. Meet some of our couple friends for dinner out, or burgers here.
Not yet

41. Get all my clothes for our spring "big trip" ready.
I am partially through with this.

42. Try something new every week. This can be a food, a craft, a lesson, etc. Just something I have not done before**. 
So far it has been trying new foods, but that works for me.

43. It is time to get started using self tanning lotion to get rid of my ghastly (or ghostly) winter pale look. 
I am still a dead ringer for Casper

45. Send cards to a few folks I have been thinking about, but have not actually mailed them anything.
This is such a simple thing to do, so why haven't I done it?

47. Plant some fall blooming bulbs.
Plant them!?! I have not even bought them

48. Be grateful every day.
I truly am!

44. Listen weekly to at least one music genre that I don't listen to regularly. I am also including listening to musicals I am completely unfamiliar with.
Week 1: Listened to Ska music everyday
Week 2: Klezmer Music is good to have on while doing housecleaning.Its very fast tempo makes you move a little faster. The heavy clarinet use and quick beat reminds me of circus music.            Week 3: Irish music, in celebration of St. Pat's
Week 4: We were in New Orleans, so it was jazz and zydeco

46. Find someone in need and give them a little help.
      Took a meal to a friend who is having a hard time right now

20 comments:

  1. I admit I'm not doing well with my goals, but I try to accomplish at least a little something each day. Hang in there!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today I accomplished almost nothing and I had a lot of opportunities to do many things.

      Delete
    2. Maybe your body is telling your brain to rest.

      Delete
    3. My brain never rests, and it lets me know how much I failed

      Delete
  2. Goodness, your March was very full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March was a busy month, but I had time to grt more done than I did. I am so good at procrastination I think it's my super power.

      Delete
  3. I think you’re doing well with your goals. I’m impressed that you’re holding yourself accountable. I’m not always good with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't do something there is nowhere but back at me to point my finger. I don't like to and I would love to have everyone believe I was on top of everything, but I am not.

      Delete
  4. You have accomplished a lot and did well in March, Anne. I don't set goals, so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I didn't but I am most likely undiagnosed adult ADD and without a list, I run from one sparkly thing to another, and accomplish nothing

      Delete
  5. You are being too hard on yourself. You accomplished at least some of your goals and/or got started on most of them. Give yourself credit for trying. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Do or do not, there is no try" from the little green Master Yoda

      Delete
  6. The Starbucks maple pecan scones sound delicious. You had a nice long list of spring aims this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They turned out really good. It made 8 and TheHub and I have split one each day.
      This is the recipe I used. https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/keto-maple-pecan-scones/

      Delete
  7. Great ideas! Following!
    I love making goals, but the way our April calendar looks, I'm postponing any extracurricular activities right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a laid back April so I need to do a bit more than I did in March.

      Delete
  8. You have a really fantastic & balanced list. I got some great ideas! - Hawaii Planner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not really a to-do list as much as it is a list of things that would make my everyday life either more pleasant or more meaningful.
      If I were to make a list of things I need to do to the house it would number in the thousands

      Delete
  9. Your list of goal is lengthy. I'm impressed that you completed as much as you did.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls, spam, and AI. I delete those suckers forever.