Translate

Wednesday, April 1, 2026

Oh no just 9 months till Christmas


My double secret spy section of my Christmas notebook came in handy on our recent trip to New Orleans. My Beloved Sister had mentioned something she needed and I had written it down immediately in my spy notes. 

Before I left town, I took photos of all those pages just in case I found something that I had overheard and jotted down, while we were away. Luck was with me, because what I found for her is not only functional but it is also beautiful. 



I also found another gift for one of my sons. It is a little bit funny, but so appropriate. I will not mention what either of the gifts are because you never know who might be reading this.🕵

And that is the grand total of what I have done toward Christmas this past month. The room of horrors is untouched from the last time I mentioned it. Oh well, there is always April. Another month and more procrastination?


14 comments:

  1. It works well to keep notes on gifts for people. Sometimes, I do that, but often as not I don't. I should start a secret list right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I have a secret list I am intentional about writing things on it. If I don't keep one, well things are in one ear and out the other.

      Delete
  2. That's doubly smart. I'd gave to rely on memory, not a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so organized with your gift list! Well, I have some leftover gifts from last year, so, I'll consider that as advance gift gathering for this year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always a joy to find the perfect gifts ahead of time. Especially something that the person has mentioned. Finding them away from home is fun too.
    I picked up my first gift this week for my grandson. He's still pretty easy to buy for. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister is like me and needs virtually nothing, but she was here while I was cooking one day and mentioned needing this particular item. I like that the gift will be functional and it is very pretty as well. Buying it in NO was just a bonus.

      Delete
  5. Smart! I have a little book in my purse where I write down gift ideas, among other things. It’s so handy. I am I big fan of old school paper, pens, memo books and calendars.
    -Meg B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like writing by hand and I do keep various notebooks handy. When I travel I just keep photos of what I have written. I do the same with my grocery list. I have gotten to the store so many times and my grocery list is still on the kitchen table. A friend suggested taking a picture of it and I do every time now. I think I have needed to use it twice and it is not as handy as a paper list but it beats nothing.

      Delete
  6. I really like your Christmas notebook idea. When I hear Bailey say something she wants I try to write it down asap, so I won't forget. That is so neat that you found a gift for your sister and one of your sons too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same, because I will forget. I am glad I found the gift for my sister. I know nit is something she wants

      Delete
  7. How your Secret Spy mission cracks me up! Loved Johnny Rivers back in the day ... and now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to be something. It might as well be a secret spy. I love that song too!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls, spam, and AI. I delete those suckers forever.