Translate

Saturday, May 2, 2026

Oh no just 8 months till Christmas

I am only posting this to keep myself honest. I did little to nothing toward Christmas in April. Yep, I was an April Christmas loser.



I read one Christmas book, The Other Santa: A Christmas Miracle. I think I would hesitate to call it a novel, but it did have the page count necessary to call it a book.  It was a fairly predictable tale that I am thankful was available for $0 as a Kindle purchase. I would have hated to spend real money on it.

I also read a Southern Living Christmas 2025 book about decorating, recipes and what nots for Christmas. I got no ideas from it.

Other than that I bought one cheesy Christmas gift.

I also successfully managed to ignore the room of horrors again.

13 comments:

  1. I think you did more about Christmas in April that most of the rest of us. I read no Christmas books. But wait, my husband did do a Christmas puzzle. That's not really prep, but it was Christmassy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I did a Christmas puzzle I would count it as mood prep!

      Delete
  2. We just listened to some X'mas music earlier :-)) Was The Other Santa a good read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was not a good read, but I read it anyway. Listening to Christmas music counts!

      Delete
  3. I am always so impressed when you talk about purchasing Christmas gifts ahead of time! I would lose them before Christmas haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one specific place where I keep them, so I won't lose them. If not, I would find them a couple of years later.

      Delete
  4. The only Christmas related thing I did in April was to buy four pair of gloves on mark down and stored them in my Christmas gift bin for four little girls we buy for each Christmas. I saw a lot of Christmas related items for sale at yard sales yesterday though, but I didn't buy any Christmas stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your glove purchase was getting ready for Christmas x 4. Well done!

      Delete
  5. You did more Christmas prep than I did in April. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not done anything for Christmas yet, other than discuss our ladies Christmas get together we have at the end of November.........but that's all we did throw around some ideas......

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Christmas activities were undertaken here this month. I'm too happy to think that spring is here, finally. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing done to prepare for Christmas here. I like to live on the edge and usually start in November.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make me laugh. Thank you.
    rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls, spam, and AI. I delete those suckers forever.