Translate

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Home Goals for 2016

I have been seeing a lot of people post specific goals for their homes, so I thought this might be a great time to list mine room by room.  Maybe, just maybe I will feel obligated to get more done if I feel some sort of responsibility to someone other than myself.

Foyer             1. Paint
                       2. Touch up ding to woodwork
                       3. New table or chest (Look on fb sale pages)

Living Room 1. General cleaning
                       2. Wash windows
                       3. Clean piano soundboard
                       4. Vacuum upholstery
                       5. Clean baseboards
                       6. Wipe down walls

Dining Room 1. General cleaning
                       2. Wash windows
                       3. Paint corner cabinets
                       4. Refinish buffet top
                       5. Refinish table top
                       6. Replace pulls on buffet drawers
                       7. Wipe down walls
                       8. Clean baseboards
                       9. Repair window sill
 
          Kitchen 1. Deep Clean Everything!

                Den 1. Clean carpet
                        2. Wash Windows
                        3. Deep clean wood furniture
                        4. Wax furniture
                        5. Try and kill some of the brassiness of the ceiling fan.
                        6. Rearrange furniture (Tired of it being the same)
                        7. Set up stereo system and new speakers throughout the house
                        8. Make new throw pillows for loveseat and couch

Powder Room 1. Different art for walls
                        2. Quick shine floor
                        3. New hand towels

Master B'room1. Paint
                        2. New flooring (Hardwoods?)
                        3. Refinish bedroom furniture (Sand, stain and finish)
                        4. Finish repairing quilt
                        5. Make new bed skirt
                        6. Wash pillows seasonally
                        7. Wash blinds and curtains
                        8. Make a few new throw pillows for bed.
                        9. Paint vanity table
                       10. Reupholster vanity chair

Master Bath     1. Paint vanity
                         2. Create faux legs for the vanity
                         3. Create faux frame to cover the beveled edge of the mirror (goodbye 80's)
                         4. Tear out shower, tub, toilet and redo all (probably will not happen this year)
                         5. Re-frost window

Laundry Room 1. Clean deeply
                          2. Find a better arrangement for shelves
                          3. Create a functional sewing area
                          4. Carve out space for a small exercise area

                         
This is pretty much it for the main level, but I am sure I have left out some key things I want/need to do.  In addition to this I plan on getting rid of 10 things per week.  I can either sell it, donate it, or give it to someone else, but I need to minimize our possessions.  I guess I will see how well this works.  I will follow up with monthly results throughout the year

I will post on the upper level later.  I am either hopelessly blind or I just don't want to think about it right now, because in my mind it is ok.

 For your musical entertainment
Our House
                     

4 comments:

  1. That's quite a list! I wish you luck in getting it all done. I love the 10 things per week goal. Every time I think I've reached the point where I don't have anything left to get rid of, I find something else I no longer want or need. Once you start the habit of minimizing your possessions, it becomes an addiction because your house will begin feel bigger, your closets will look neater, you won't have to spend as much time cleaning and organizing and you'll feel less stressed. Looking forward to seeing your monthly results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a self motivator in a lot of things, but housework is not one of them. I am hoping this will keep me accountable enough that I will check these off the list regularly. I am mainly excited about getting rid of some of the excess.

      Delete
  2. An impressive list. It seems overwhelming, but it's good that you've thought through everything. That helps keep the focus where you want it. We had a list somewhat like that last year and I'm not sure much has changed on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is why I posted it. I work better when I feel some accountability to someone other than me.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.