Translate

Monday, December 28, 2015

Ugh! Upstairs

So much for thinking the upstairs needed little more than a thorough scrubbing.  Last night instead of sleeping I mentally went through each room making notes of everything I need to do.  It is so much more than I originally thought. Yuck!

Guest Room      1. Move queen bed out and replace with king (gotta buy king first though)
                          2. New knobs on dresser
                          3. Bedside table (look on facebook trading sites for this)
                          4. Touch up paint
                          5.  Rearrange furniture
                     
Guest Bath        1. Repair closet door knob
                          2. Art work?
                          3. Make new window treatment

Bedroom 1        1. Deep clean
                          2. Move queen bed into room

Bedroom 2        1. Deep clean
                          2. Move foosball table to lake place
                          3. Move full bed into room
                          4. Get rid of computer desk
                          5. Cull grandmother toys

Office                1. Deep clean
                          2. Get rid of computer desk
                          3. Cull everything
                          4. Set up as bedroom for granddaughter
                          5. Paint room

13 comments:

  1. There's always so much to do, isn't there! I've been slowly working through my house as well trying to have it deep cleaned by New Years. Oh the pressure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not even trying to get it done by New Years. I am giving myself until June to get any and all projects out of the way. Then I will be done forever right?

      Delete
  2. I can't stop finding projects. I talked to Anna about ripping all the shelving out of her old closet, wallpapering and then putting it all back. She thought I was losing it. Is there such a thing as clean? My grandmother told me, NO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but it only last about 4.5 minutes.

      Delete
    2. Agreed. Clean is the most fleeting condition I have ever known. We have our 2 year old granddaughter here this week and clean here is lasting about 35 seconds. As an aside I am so grateful for the time with her and the mess!

      Delete
  3. I am feeling overwhelmed with everything that I want to get done in our house. It is a rental so not really cosmetic stuff as much as just decluttering and deep cleaning. So much that I want to do....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, Rachel. At least you still have little people at home and a true reason to not get everything you would like to do done. I have no excuses

      Delete
  4. You make the bed and wash the dishes, and in six months you have to do it all over again. Someone said that. I am just repeating it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth, except I can't go to bed in an unmade bed, so even if I am busy and it doesn't get done during the day I will make it before bedtime.

      Delete
    2. My standards are very low compared to you ladies. To me, making the bed equals picking up the sheet and blanket, arranging them so they form a rectangle on top of the mattress, and that's it.

      I cannot tolerate it it when the sheets get twisted and the top edge is on the side. It must be aligned properly with the top edge at the top, and the blanket properly covering it, but with sheet extending slightly (but not too much) farther than the blanket. So I do have my weirdnesses, but it's about comfort and not about appearance during the day (daytime housekeeping is just everything in a rough rectangle covering the mattress if anyone's going to see it or sit on it). But that's it for bed-making.

      Delete
    3. I am not particular about a lot of things. For me the made bed is a comfort thing also. I like the sheets to be straight and unwrinkled before I get in bed. I am a very tactile person and wrinkles keep me awake.

      Delete
  5. Haven't I heard that your sheets need to air out to kill some of the mites that live there, so making the bed isn't good? That's what I'm going with anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could leave mine unmade occasionally, but now if it is not made I truly can't get to sleep until the bed is completely smooth

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.