Translate

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Serendipity

The neighbor on the corner had a tree that fell and the roots had grown around the water main that feeds the entire neighborhood. Today has been a constant clanging of trucks, backhoes and a cotillion of workers most of who have been sitting on the lawn of the neighbor directly across the street from the fallen tree.

Other than the mounds of mud that is floating down the gutter in front of my house, and difficultly maneuvering around all the trucks and heavy equipment,  I had not been impacted by the event until__They shut the water off!!!

Since we will have no water through the night that only means one thing.  DINING OUT!!!
So glad I had several errands to do this morning and am fully dressed, hair done and made up like a painted lady. Plus it is Fat Tuesday__anything goes!

18 comments:

  1. Happy Fat Tuesday! Enjoy your meal out...even if it was unplanned. Much better than having the power shut off I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I hear there are photos of you in the middle of the night pushing that tree over with a backhoe. lolz Enjoy your hard earned dinner out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have gotten a lot more milage than 1 dinner if I had been up to any major hijjinx!

      Delete
  3. I am always glad to be clean and ready when water goes off or electricity. Of course, you have to eat out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little notice from the water board would have been nice, but that didn't happen so we were all caught off guard. I keep an empty gallon jog that I would have filled for hand washing.

      Delete
  4. the only way to improve on that story would be if the best looking man on the job came to the door to inform you of the inconvenience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully none of the guys working on the mess came to the door. They might have been the most handsome men in the world but they were pretty mud caked and you couldn't tell what they really looked like.

      Delete
  5. Well on Fat Tuesday any thing can happen, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you were able to enjoy a dinner out! Hope the water has been restored. Some advance notice would have been nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Water was turned on right after we got home, so it was all good.

      Delete
  7. LOL... serendipity for sure! I Hope your water is back on today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I'll bet that left a mess! Happy week!!!
    I hope it's all under control again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is back to normal other than my neighbors front yard. It is looking pretty rough

      Delete
  9. Well -- if you just had to....LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a sacrifice is in order, so I made a great one!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.