Translate

Thursday, January 27, 2011

If Not For Bad TIming I Would Have No Time At All


This morning I hopped back into Weight Watchers World. Of course I did it on the morning of National Chocolate Cake Day. What to do? What to do? I flipped through my cookbook Hungry Girl and found a perfect solution to please both Weight Watchers and my obligation to God and country to honor this major holiday. I am a good patriot when cake is involved.

Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien

2 cups moist style chocolate cake mix
2 25 calorie packets of diet hot chocolate
12 ounces boiling water ( That's 1 1/2 cups)
2 tablespoons semi sweet mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup liquid egg substitute

1 teaspoon Splenda
1/8 teaspoon salt

Put the and the cocoa powder in a heat resistant glass. Pour the boiling water over and stir until the chocolate is melted and the cocoa mix has dissolved. Stick in the freezer for about 25 minutes to cool.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Take the chilled mix out of the freezer and give it a stir to reincorporate anything that sank to the bottom. Put the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and pour the chocolate liquid over it. Whip with a whisk or fork for about 2 minutes.

Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners and spoon the mixture evenly into the 12 cups. ( Mixture will be thin) Instead of spooning it, I put it in a 4 cup pyrex measuring cup. It was easy to pour, but would have been messy to spoon. Place pan in the center rac
k and bake for 15 minutes. The cupcakes will look shin
y when done.
You can enjoy this chocolate goodness for only 2 weight watcher points, 3 points if you are following the nearly impossible to figure out online new WW Points Plus. Just give me the basic info the parameters of the program and a list of foods and their point value. Don't make me wade through a myriad of tutorials or testimonials extolling the virtues of bananas now having a zero point value. First I don't care about your testimony and secondly I LOATHE bananas. I feel like Dragnet...just the facts, I just want the facts.

Another thing they want me to do now is use their daily point tracker. I cannot speak for the rest of the nation but I learned basic math in elementary school. I am pretty sure between recording the values of each thing I eat and subtracting said values from my daily points allotment I can keep up with it quite handily on my own. My little spiral notebook is quite the traveler. It fits nicely in a pocket, in my purse, over the visor, in fact it can go where ever I go. And if the math becomes to taxing for me to do mentally, I have 10 fingers and 10 toes to help me do the calculations.

Rant over, now back to the cupcakes. Son3 and I both had one when it was hot out of the oven. The cupcake stuck to the paper a little and they are extremely airy. The taste is very good and they are moist enough to need no icing. Compared with the WW brand boxed chocolate cakes, which sells 6 snacks for around 3 dollars, this was about 2 dollars for 12 snacks. The price alone makes it worth doing again. I will let you know tomorrow how they taste after sitting a day. I will also try and freeze them. If freezing works the next time I will use the entire box of cake mix and just double the recipe I am wondering now, would this work with maybe a diet 7 up and lemon cake mix? Surely there will be a National Lemon Cake Day soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.