Translate

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Cooler Than Cooking

 I have been reading so many blogs where people post their goals.  It holds them accountable to someone other than themselves, so I thought I would start doing the same. I am a procrastinator by nature, so it will probably be good for me to have someone other than myself know about my plans.

I decided I wanted to swim  a minimum of 50 laps this week.  I've done the math and 5 laps in our pool is almost a 50 meter pool length, so each lap for me is a multiple of 5.  Now all I have to do is keep count and divide by 5. This is going to feel more like a word problem than exercise.  Oh my, what do I do if I am swimming and Johnny comes by with 4 apples and Sue comes by with 2?

As an aside, if you leave your goggles on a hanger on the porch all year, the band will crumble when you put it around your head. So much for the 1,000 year degradable argument!

 Swimming blindly,
Anne

7 comments:

  1. Good luck. Exercise is always a good goal. I think about posting an exercise goal then and again, but haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and as long as it is not lightning I can swim. It is certainly warm enough

      Delete
  2. You inspired me with your bike riding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And your new name is............................
    Water logged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be sometime in October before I go to sleep with totally dry hair. It is the upside and downside of living somewhere that night swimming is so pleasant.

      Delete
  4. Love it. I used to swim regularly and need to take the great white whale back to the pool. I always had trouble counting my laps though. I would find myself chanting three to myself on what had to be an even lap. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swim more than I have to because I lose count sometimes and have to go back to where I knew I was before. Maybe that is a great invention: a waterproof lap clicker.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.