Translate

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

April In Paris?


Now that would bring me intense joy but it is not going to be happening. Instead I will spend April in Birmingham. Similar, yes? Well only similar in that Birmingham does have the world's largest iron statue. Impressed? Me either!  I need to go there one day soon and take a photo of his bare butt, the inspiration for the local song "Moon Over Homewood" which it one of the abutting (no pun intended) suburban cities.

April! I am truly wondering what joy I am going to find this month. As I sit here trying to think of joyful things to do I am coming up with zilch.

1. Continue expanding my horizons
a.  Try a new recipe each week
b.  Try a new food each week
c.  Read articles from 4 magazines I do not usually read
d. Wear a color I never wear (orange or yellow, which mean buyings something since I have none)
e. Try a different hair color (I am thinking one that does not grow in nature, teal maybe?)
f.  Listen to an opera, symphony, spoken word, and lecture. completely and totally uninterrupted.

2.  Go to a museum

3.  Go to a craft fair or art show

4.  Have Mom up to eat weekly

5.  Send a thinking of you card to someone

6.  Take food to someone having a hard time

7.  Visit with relatives I have not seen lately.

8.  Do something for someone expecting nothing in return (anonymous is best)

9.  Visit some small town nearby and find something unique about the place.

10. Create something besides food 2 times this month

11.Go to the lake and spend the weekend

12. Read a traditional mystery,  preferably with a gumshoe detective (I am not a big mystery fan)

13. More than half ass learn a new song on the piano

14. Try something I have never tried before (action or trade)

15. Whistle

16. Draw, paint or charcoal sketch

17. Volunteer

18. Meet Son3 for lunch (will require traveling on my part)

19. Sit in the sun and listen to the birds sing (early morning is best)

20. Listen to  and watch small kids playing  (I can only do this in my neighborhood without looking like some kind of creep, so this is subject to my small neighbors playing outside)

21. Buy lemonade from a kid lemonade stand.

22. See a play or concert

23. Find and enjoy some free live music

24. Go to Vulcan and take a picture of his bare butt (now it sounds like fun)

25. Have a small dinner party

26. Bake cookies and brownies and invite  neighbors for a snack

27. Plant whatever veggies we intend to grow this year.

28. Plant zinnias and marigolds

29. Take flowers to someone

30. Practice kindness

31. Listen actively to TheHub when he talks to me.

32. Facetime weekly with the most beautiful girl in my world

33. Get in touch with someone I have neglected or "forgotten"

34. Keep a list of unexpected joys

April unexpected joys

1.  Wonderful NBC live performance of Jesus Christ Superstar
2.  BIL found he was extremely dehydrated (of all the possibilities that were mentioned this was               great)






21 comments:

  1. Teal huh? I want your mom's reaction to that:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have decided life is short and nothing is permanent (especially hair color)
      She would probably like teal more than she liked the gray/silver I tried this month. She hated it!

      Delete
  2. great list!!! There is a lady near here that does people's colors. And after consulting with you, she comes up with a color wheel that best suits you and then you only make/buy clothes in those colors as they'll look the best on you. I haven't gotten around to getting my colors done, so I'm a modge podge pretty regularly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what colors look best on me and wear them pretty regularly. This new Loreal Colorista one day hair color is fantastic for experimenting, though it is a little pricy. I am trying to decide if I want to try lilac or teal. It is going to be one or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now the rest of us want to see Vulcan's butt too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait! Vulcan's butt will be an April joy item.

      Delete
  5. I can remember reading murder mysteries which featured Vulcan's butt. And would love to see it for myself.
    And I say, go for teal. I have been thinking similar thoughts myself. But may wimp out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An Anne George mystery perhaps? She usually set hers in Birmingham.
      The loreal product is a one day thing that just sprays in so I can see what I think before committing.

      Delete
    2. It was indeed. The very cosiest of cosy mysteries.

      Delete
    3. EC,
      I have had pink and purple hair colors in the past. It's a bit of fun and they wash out so fast you don't have much time for regret

      Delete
  6. When my sister-in-law lost her hair to cancer treatments, she got a bright blue/teal wig. That wig looked great on her, better than her normal black hair. She probably wouldn't have tried it otherwise, but enjoyed it when she did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing pictures of her in the wig on a post you did about her. I probably will not have it more than a day or two, but by crackie I will have it for a bit!

      Delete
  7. When I started to get grey, my family would urge me to color my hair and I always threatened to color it purple! In fact, when I lost my hair due to my chemo treatments, daughter wanted to get me a purple wig! My hair has grown out now and it is not as grey as it was before! I still haven't colored it, though.

    Wonderful list of April joys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ready to give myself a temporary boost with the hair color. I don't think I would like it all the time but I do like options. I color my hair often and have been every natural color at one time or another.

      Delete
  8. Anne, you put so many things on your to do list! I would forget most before i started.
    I don't whistle well, it takes a lot of effort to get a sound so it's nearly impossible to form an actual melody but I like to hear people whistle, it's such a happy sound. There is so much portable music now that nobody bothers making their own

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a great whistler but I like to do it. I catch myself at the grocery store sometimes subconsciously whistling along with the Muzak.

      Delete
  9. I really like your 22, 23, and 25. I'll skip the Vulcan, but withthe success of my Easter, I think I can host a grown up dinner-at 52.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like small dinners better than large ones, though I have had them in my home for 30 people before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Teal sounds like a winner to me! So many cool fun things on your list, and I would love to "more than half ass learn a new song on the piano" also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last month I kind of learned one. This month I want to master a different song.

      Delete
  12. I meant to say, I have been looking at older women with colored hair and sort of like the pink hair. I just wish I had the nerve to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.