Translate

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

A New Start

I have been insanely busy lately and have posted nothing, but it has given me some time to reflect on  this blog and where and how I want it to progress. I decided I needed a new focus and direction, so welcome to my almost new blog from New Happenings at the Table to Cooking and All That Jazz. I am going to continue to post food related things as well as occasional odds and ends, but I thought I would add a weekly blog about a jazz artist (upcoming, established, or no longer of this world) along with a one of their recordings. Hopefully I will be able to ask them a few things about their song, love of music and foods they love.(Naturally this will be virtually impossible for those no longer of this world, so a brief bio might be the only thing personal then.)  On the day I post it, I will have a food that either goes with the music or will recreate one of their personal favorite foods.  I did decide the new blog name was needed to reflect the change.
Oh, and if any of you know a jazz cat who might like to be promoted here, let me know. I will be happy to have them as a featured artist.

So welcome, grab a seat and we will find some good food, great music, and all that jazz!

20 comments:

  1. Amazing choreography. I have no doubt that hours and hours of rehearsals were involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Are you tempted to give your blog a new look to go with the name? I love playing with all the options and then keeping it the same (usually)

    I hope Red Hawley makes some appearances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talked with Red this morning about the concept and he is in. He also said he would recruit some of his friends and others he plays with regularly.
      I am sure I will change the look, but just not exactly sure when.

      Delete
    2. My favorite cat ever is a trumpet player named Richard Boulger. He has some niiiiice lips! Give him a listen.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the suggestion Meg. I sent him a request via his contact information. We will see how/where/if it goes anywhere.

      Delete
  3. I did not think you should have changed a thing, but this change will be good. I love everything "Chicago" and Fosse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just love his "touch" and fine details in the dance.

      Delete
  4. I agree, hard to beat Bob Fosse. I first wondered how you were going to find all of these jazz artists to interview, then remembered that you have an in with your son. Looking forward to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice choice of song for the first post on your new blog! Several years ago, when my daughter and I took jazz dance classes together, we did a greatly modified version of this number! It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think even at my best physical shape my body would move in such a liquid form!

      Delete
  6. I loved Chicago, particularly Cell Block Tango. They make it look so easy. I'll be interested to see your "new" blog. I have thought about changing things up too but then my mind is usually going a mile a minute on so many different things that I don't know what I could change it to! But just so long as you keep the recipes a-coming I'll be happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly could not think of anything to say with the blog so this is honestly the same thing but maybe the addition of the Jazz day will be like putting it on a mild dose of steroids

      Delete
  7. I like your idea and the new blog name! One of my favorite Dvds that I pull out every now and then is actually "All That Jazz" and this is one of my favorite scenes because it always makes me smile: https://youtu.be/ZRVv2b-hL_0

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved that movie also.Thanks for sharing this link. I had forgotten this scene until it started.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sitting here with my Jazz Hands waiting for some recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipes require cooking and I am in summer mode now and I don't want to cook anything. I hope this new thing motivates me.

      Delete
  10. I love the new look and the splash with Jazz. I'm channeling Vera in my head now.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.