Translate

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Hopeful for the Week

I bought a dress for Son2's wedding that I really do like. The wedding is in mid November which is generally gorgeous weather here. Additionally it is mid day on a Sunday. If the weather is typical it should be gorgeous. The MOB decided to wear a long dress so I am also wearing long, but I just don't wear things that have shine, sparkles or sheen to them, which severely limited my options. I found a lovely light grey long embroidered sheer duster that tops a light gray chemise. I love the simple style, the needlework on the duster, the long sleeves and the chemise. I hate the buttons on the duster though. Since Son3 lives in Manhattan I am getting him to help me out a little. There are 2 fantastic button stores that I know of, so I will get him to go to them (We will just call this payback for college tuition?) and Facetime as I look at buttons. (I went here and found nothing I like. TheHub and I went to one of the button stores there and walked out with about $150 worth of buttons, so I know they will have something I like).

Buttons aside there is another small issue with the dress. I have been doing keto since June and am having much success with it, so I ordered the dress a size smaller than what I am wearing right now. It could almost work right this minute, but I would feel uncomfortably tight in it. I have a tad over 50 days to keto away and it should be prefect on the wedding day as long as I do my part. 

Instead of leaving anything to chance, I decided I will really track everything I eat until then, so I will be keeping a pretty extensive menu for me. I am only posting my dinner menu because no one really cares if I eat cream cheese and olives on cucumber slices for lunch.  I know me well enough to understand I have to have varied flavors if I am going to continue eating this way, and I have to have it convenient so I will not have any excuse not to eat it.  I have cooked ahead and frozen many meals in serving sizes for TheHub and me, so my main meal prep on any day is cooking a couple of veggies or making a salad. This is what my next 7 days should look like.


1. Mississippi pot roast/ green beans/ carrots (TheHub)/  potatoes (TheHub)/ cauliflower  (me)

2.  Italian sausage with onions, peppers, spinach, tomatoes and garlic/ coleslaw

3. Chicken curry/ broccoli/cauliflower rice (me)/ brown rice (TheHub)

4. Grilled steak/ baked potato (TheHub)/ tomato, onion, cucumber salad

5. Baked chicken tenders/ cauliflower fake potato salad/ sliced tomatoes

6. Carnitas/ tortillas (TheHub)/ tossed salad/ * keto tortillas is I feel really ambitions

7. Take out, or leftovers, or a fake bread grilled cheese. I don't care which, but I am not cooking every day.

In addition to this I made and froze a recipe of keto rolls and a loaf of keto bread (neither of which tastes remotely close to the real thing, but, if you have had none since June, are perfectly acceptable. I will buy TheHub some bakery rolls which with satisfy him.  I have also been making us a keto dessert once a week. This week I am making cheesecakes that taste remarkably similar to a plain old cheesecake.

26 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the dress. I know you will look stunning-and the dress will feel great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the dress will work. I looked all over for it and if it doesn't work I don't know what will because tehre is nothing else out there that I like. When everyone in my 3-d realm saw it they all agreed it looks like something I would wear.

      Delete
  2. Your dress sounds lovely! I know you will be able to maintain the diet and the dress will fit without any problem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the dress works (she said as she stuffed her face with lunch, though it was a keto lunch)

      Delete
  3. Good luck. And I do hope you will share photos. Please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do need a little luck with it. I am relatively limited when it comes to self discipline.

      Delete
  4. A button store! that would be fun shopping. Keep up the keto. I would have bought two sizes of the dress. I like the style. I love dusters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How is your mother? At home? With sitter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The button place is a great little shop and I do mean little. It is about 10 feet wide and fifty feet long with drawers literally floor to ceiling of nothing but buttons.
      Mom is still home alone and needs care but I am tired of fighting with her about it.

      Delete
  6. Your menu sounds delicious. I'm guessing this keto thing is a low or no carb diet? I need to get back on mine. I gained back half of the weight I lost earlier this year. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keto is high fat, medium protein, low carb. It is easy to do, or was until this morning. Now I have to jump back on it.

      Delete
  7. I don't know if I would have had the nerve to order a smaller size dress, but good luck to you. That will certainly be motivation to stick with the diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need lots of luck, especially since I fell off the wagon big time today.

      Delete
  8. Your dress sounds so pretty. It sounds like you have this keto thing down pat... it really does work, doesn't it? I just can't keep it up for an extended period of time. Button shopping via facetime is going to be FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the dress, but might have found one I like even better today!

      Delete
  9. So happy you found something to wear. I know that it is hard as I have had the mother of the bride thing twice. I should say mother of the nightmare twice. Great going on the diet, I am failing a mine with great gusto. Just put on a pair of jeans I plan to wear on Sluggies and my trip and there is a big old roll over the top of them. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keto has been very doable__until today. This was weigh in day and I have successfully gained 2 pounds following the keto plan. So I caved and ate cookie but am hopping back on the band wagon immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good menu and sounds like you're doing great with keto. Looking forward to seeing your dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing really well with Keto but seem to have hit a snag right now. I am just looking forward to fitting the dress well, though I might have found one I like even better. I am thinking of buying it also and deciding at the last minute. We have a couple of formal events during the winter so both can be worn .

      Delete
  12. Actually, cream cheese and olives on cucumber slices sounds like a TERRIFIC lunch. Or good appetizer -- I've actually served this as an appetizer at a dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make a pretty decent lunch and I eat it often.

      Delete
  13. Good luck with the keto!! If I didn't have to worry about peoples nit-picking likes and dislikes around my house, I'd probably do that... I need to be in a better shape by January.
    Looking forward to seeing your dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately TheHub will eat whatever I make. He eats out every day for lunch so he can fill in with whatever he is craving, plus I will make rice or a baked potato for him.

      Delete
  14. Well done on finding a dress. Getting an outfit for the wedding last year was a nightmare and I felt like a stuffed eggplant - so now I have another wedding next year to "worry" about although to be honest nobody will be looking at me anyway. Can I ask though, which "keto" resources do you use? There are quite a few web sites but if you could recommend one that would be great since it obviously works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK I am trying this for the third time. Watch or listen to Dr. Ken Barry's youtube videos and read https://www.drberg.com/blog-article/ketogenic-diet-plan. They both explain the science and biology behind the way of eating.

      Delete
  15. Very nice post really ! I apperciate your blog Thanks for sharing,keep sharing more blogs.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.