Translate

Monday, May 6, 2019

Our Seriously Bad Meal Plan

This past week I had planned the following for our meals. Trust me when I say it mostly just did not happen. I think I only really cooked 2 nights out of the week . Both TheHub and I were totally uninterested in much of anything and opted to either make do or do the takeout thing.

1. Bookclub night so I am going out to eat Thai. TheHub will fend for himself
2. Dominican roast chicken with garlic sauce, potato salad or caulitato salad, green salad
3. Tacos or taco salad with all the fixings.
4. BLT salad, rolls or keto rolls
5. Pasta or zoodles with alfredo sauce, spinach salad
6. Something grilled (fish or chicken) grilled onions and mushrooms, broccoli, tossed salad

And this is what really happened in our very real, real life.

Tuesday: Went out to eat with my book club gal pals at a local Thai place. TheHub picked up some sushi

Wednesday I did serve alfredo sauce (jarred) over spaghetti noodles because I had no fettuccine and was not about to stop at the store just for noodles.
Alfredo sauce over noodles, tossed salad

Thursday: TheHub and I had Mandarin lessons. We were going to have a BLT salad but neither of us wanted it, so we stopped on the way home and grabbed some ___ 
Chinese takeout.

Friday: I know we ate because we eat every day. I just have no memory of what it was.
Something forgettable and most likely not delicious

Saturday: We headed to the lake to spend the night. On the way down we stopped at the grocery store and picked up some prepared food that only needed to be baked. I keep pasta salad stuff at the lake so the side dish was easy enough.
Baked asparagus stuffed chicken, pasta salad

Sunday: Cinco de mayo! Celebration? Not even remotely but we did manage to scarf down some Mexicanish food between watching Portland play basketball and episode 4 of The Game of Thrones.
Tacos with all the fixings, chili chocolate chip cupcakes with chocolate chili icing (and those were delicious. If not for hopping back on the keto train this morning I would be eating one of those right now!)

And now on to this week filled with promise and a plan to do better, maybe

In no particular order;
1. Pork tenderloin, Thai chili noodles or cauliflower mash, tossed salad, green beans
2  Reuben roll-ups , baked potatoes (or not) cucumber slices
3. Smoked sausage, with grilled peppers, onions and tomatoes
4. Smoked pork butt, corn on the cob (or not), coleslaw
5. Spaghetti sauce over noodles or zoodles, garlic bread, tossed salad
6. Grilled tuna steaks, mashed potatoes (or cauli mash), tomato slices, spinach salad
7. White bbq chicken, potato salad or caulitato salad,  baked beans, cuke tomato and onion salad

Son 3 is coming into town for one of his best friend's wedding. I figure we will have some bbq since he cannot get the good stuff in Manhattan, but that could change if the afternoon wedding rolls late into the night. There is also the possibility we will just do take out for bbq. Who knows?


14 comments:

  1. Some weeks are like that.
    I hope this one is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The week really was not bad, I just did not want to cook!

      Delete
  2. MMMM decent barbeque....it's been a long time (except for homemade). Screw the meal planning lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your "don't wanna cook" pain. Am I doing this elimination diet just to not have to cook for the family?....Mmmm, maybe. lolz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you're speaking my language, "I just didn't want to cook!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do love cooking, but not all the time and especially now that the weather is better and the days are longer.

      Delete
  5. Taking a few days, even a week or two, off cooking is not a bad thing. You all ate, right?
    Nobody starved. I'd call that a success! And now, you have most of the meal planning done for the upcoming week, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, no one starved and it was nice to do very little cooking.

      Delete
  6. I've never been much of a cook, though I would prep meals on the weekend when the kids were small so we didn't starve during the week. As they grew up they learned to forage for themselves though I did still make an effort on the weekends to have things ready. Now that I've retired with my son still at home, I've made more of an effort and have a meal ready for him most evenings. But thinking ahead is beyond me...I just head to the freezer and make my decision. And then once a week we have leftover night.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do enjoy cooking but sometimes I just want the luxury of not doing anything and meals appear (Sincere thanks to so many local take out places that are not fast food)

      Delete
  7. I'll never turn down BBQ. Ever. And you can't get it in NYC. Or at least couldn't back when I lived there. It's been 20 years, so maybe now -- but I doubt it. Certainly nothing like Dreamland. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dreamland is pretty darn good if you want ribs. They are my go to rib joint!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.