Translate

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

30 Days Has September

I am a little late to the 30 things in 30 days for the month of September, so I am going to start it today and will have to double up on a couple of things.
My list is going to be much easier than some of yours because I am dealing with Mom on a daily basis and it is not getting any easier. So here goes! Luck to all of us!

1.  Defrost and clean freezer
2.  Remove every thing from auxiliary fridge and clean thoroughly
3.  Clean corner cabinets in dining room (lower)
4.  Clean corner cabinets in dining room (upper)
5.  Quick shine floors in foyer
6.  Quick shine floor in living room
7.  Quick shine floor in dining room
8.  Recover throw pillow (den)
9.  Make curtains for Pip's room
10. Hang curtains in extra bedroom
11. Paint occasional chair (MBR)
12. Recover chair seat (MBR)
13. Clean kitchen pantry
14. Clean and rearrange long term food storage cabinet
15. Change over planters with some fall plants
16. Gussie up the upper patio
17. Get rid of at least 30 items
18. Change screened porch decor to a fall appropriate look
19. Begin the seasonal clothing change over
20. Change over MBR bedding to fall/ winter look
21. Change living room decor to fall look
22. Create fall look for front of house
23. Trim hedges
24. Wash MBR curtains
25. Quick shine powder room floor
26. Touch up paint
27. Touch up any furniture dings or scratches
28. Clean dining room, living room, and foyer windows
29. Clean kitchen and den windows
30. Clean drawers, shelves and cabinets in breakfast room buffet


22 comments:

  1. I think I made the things on my list too hard. Like each one is a project in itself and with the shop I have no real time, sniff, whine,.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how time is going right now, so I adjusted. I think I just want to feel like I am accomplishing something out of the normal routine.

      Delete
  2. Here;s mine-brush teeth, comb hair...That's about the type of things I can muster up getting done. No expectations once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be one busy lady! We just got through washing all the windows, hanging some blinds, and a little more deep cleaning. It never ends... Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your list might as well say "MOM" next to every number. I don't know how you can accomplish anything else.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing what I can and have decided to let the caregivers do more of her care. I will still pop in to check on her but other than the 3 hours in the morning, I am not going to be there are much as I have been

      Delete
  5. Oh, my goodness! I didn't know there was a 30 day September list, but, your list is awe inspiring! I might copy it for later - maybe November! Good luck with getting all that accomplished! If anyone could, it would be you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might work or I might find all kinds of excuses so it won't work!

      Delete
  6. Janie Junebug is probably right. She was certainly right for more months than I care to remember here.
    Good luck. And yes, some days getting up, washing and dressing is accomplishment enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Facing the day is sometimes the thing I would like to be the hardest. I have to be at Mom's at 7 every morning. We have a gap in the time the overnight caregiver has to leave and when the primary day time care giver arrives, so I am taking up the slack there

      Delete
  7. This is a huge list! Good luck, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will either get it done or I won't. Either way I am OK with what happens. Life has gotten terribly unpredictable around here lately.

      Delete
  8. That is a incredible list, especially with the amount of time your mom requires right now. Good luck with both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to start relying on her caregivers a bit more now and plan on just doing a couple or 3 sporadic checks on her, except for the morning when I stay with her for 3 hours. I am so thankful she is still asleep except for about the last 30 minutes I am there.

      Delete
  9. That's a good list to refer to when you have some nervous energy from dealing with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to beat my head against a wall but all that would do is make my headache worse!

      Delete
  10. That's a good list, and I hope it will help you keep your focus and sanity in this hard time. I know it helps me to have something concrete to focus on in hard times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying not to focus on anything, because Mom is beating me up with her insistence that I am betraying her by moving her to somewhere that looks like her house but isn't. I am trying to just do some rote tasks while listening to my favorite podcast which always makes me laugh out loud.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.