Translate

Saturday, November 1, 2025

Oh no just 8 weeks till Christmas

Well the 8th week of Christmas has come and gone and I was mostly in Halloween mode instead of feeling much like Christmas, but a few things did happen.

We were out of town for a couple of days and I found my way to a couple of really cute shops. I did not buy any major gifts, but as I have said before, I do like to have multi presents for everyone. I found several little add in gifts at those, including 2 gag gifts that are sure to make folks laugh Christmas morning.

The room of horrors is shaping up finally, and I am able to move freely throughout both the room and the closet. That is a huge win. There are still some things that need to be sorted, tossed and re-homed, and I have not yet made it to the back wall of decorations. (And other stuff. I am pretty sure I saw my 4th grade Christmas present microscope on one of the shelves there.)

I also have not happened on the container of ornaments for the foyer tree, which gets put up some years and ignored others. I am assuming it will be among the stuff at the back wall. 

And now before anymore daylight burns, I need to get my rear in gear and head upstairs to attack said wall.

Ho, Ho, Hope I get finished today!





16 comments:

  1. I've declared my daughter's room the true room of horrors, but franky, I'm leaving a full on damage zone. Oh well, not anything I can do now. Good luck with your continued progress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All you need to do is enjoy your trip. Everything else can and should wait.

      Delete
  2. I hope you get finished today too. 😊
    I bought two maybe three Christmas gifts today, so I’m on a roll. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo! A roll is a roll no matter how big or small.

      Delete
  3. I at least have the little tree decorated. In order to put out Halloween decorations, Tommy took it by the top and set it in a bin. You are doing really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We draw names on bth sides of the family each year. I do it for both sides in October. It can get complicated making sure that people don’t give to the same people as last year, and no one is giving to someone in their immediate family. Anyway, that’s my big Christmas accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Only 8 weeks! Sounds like you are making good progress with your preparations. :) I actually borrowed a December issue of a magazine from the library, today, to see if I can get some ideas, since I donated all my Christmas themed books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been downloading Christmas magazines via my library app. Though I find a lot of things I would love to do, I won't. I am not buying anything else to make Christmas decorations that would require a purchase.

      Delete
  6. I am truly impressed! From the sounds of it that was no easy task.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have entirely too much stuff. Weeding it out and giving it away has really helped.

      Delete
  7. Hello! I have designated the guest bedroom closet Santa's Workshop this year, and as of now, it is a hot mess! I have some gifts bought, and some lists made. And that's about it for now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a large laundry room and it has become Santa Central. I am wrapping things as I buy them , and as soon as I get the house deep cleaned I will start decorating.

      Delete
  8. Christmas? What is that? I am munching down on Halloween candy ( including pumpkin Reece peanut butter cups) I bought on sale at 7 am Saturday in Walmart… lol. I also bought a $2 small pumpkin, that is sitting on my doorstep for Turkey Day decorations at the moment, but do intend to eventually cook it. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I love this. I had 9 Hershey bars left over so I stuck them in the freezer.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls, spam, and AI. I delete those suckers forever.