Translate

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

5 Minute Brownies

There are things in life that are deadly to know.  This recipe is one of those things, so of course I am sharing it with everyone.  Whenever we crave need something sweet and chocolaty and quick this is our go-to "fix".  I can't guarantee this will be ready in 5 minutes at your house since each microwave is different, but I can promise you within 10 minutes you can be eating warm, delicious chocolate brownies.

Sometime between the invention of color TV and cell phones a wonderful creation called the microwave started creeping into homes across America.  I was beyond thrilled to have one so I could bake a potato in 5 minutes.  It came with a cookbook and I tried a few of the recipes, but could not get on board with the concept of eating colorless meats, Then I found this recipe for brownies.  Finally I had a worthy recipe from the book.  I copied the recipe and tossed the cookbook so I can't tell you the name of it.  It was so long ago I don't even remember what brand the appliance was.  Sorry for that, because I would like to give credit where it is due.

                                                     5 Minute Brownies


1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cocoa
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional

In a medium bowl add the melted butter and sugar.  Stir  with a spoon until well blended, then add the eggs and vanilla.  Mix well before adding the cocoa, flour and salt.  Stir to mix through.  Add nuts if desired.  Grease an 8x8 glass microwave pan.  Spread the batter evenly.  Cook for 5 minutes (if microwave does not have a turntable cook 2 1/2 minutes, turn one quarter turn and cook 2 1/2 more minutes.

That is pretty much it!  Now just eat!

I have made these variations of the basic brownies.

1. When the brownies are still very warm sprinkle 2 tablespoons of dark rum over the surface of the brownies.  Let it sit until cool then frost with a basic vanilla buttercream frosting.

2. When hot out of the oven sprinkle crushed peppermint pieces over the surface of the brownie.  Push them down into it then frost with chocolate buttercream. (Putting peppermint extract in the batter would work fine, but I always do this after Christmas when I am looking for ways to get rid of candy canes)

3. Frost with chocolate buttercream.  Cover the frosting with pecan halves and drizzle caramel over the pecan halves.

You are only limited by what you can imagine.  Enjoy! In fact, enjoy some 5 minutes from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.