Translate

Monday, April 14, 2014

Week 2 NO Food Shopping Challenge

Day 8
Breakfast: Coffee*, I forgot to have anything else
Lunch:  Leftover Pimento Cheese and Triscuits
Dinner  Stuffing Filled chicken roll ups, Turnip Greens with Garlic, Onions and Peppers, Cooked Carrots

Used: Remaining pimento cheese, 2 packs frozen chicken, leftover chicken broth, remaining stuffing , 1 package frozen turnip greens, 2 cloves garlic, 1 onion, 1 bell pepper

Day 9
Breakfast: Cold Leftover Chicken Roll Up ( I had taken it out of the fridge to take a picture for the recipe posting) Coffee
Lunch: Grapefruit and Crackers
Dinner: Spaghetti, Salad, super quick yeast rolls

Used: 1 grapefruit, 3/4 pack spaghetti, i jar spaghetti sauce, assorted herbs, 3/4 pound of frozen ground something ( unsure if it was ground pork or turkey), 1 onion, 2 cloves garlic, 1/2 head lettuce, 1/2 pack cherry tomatoes ( last of them) 2 scallions.  (Salad fixings are getting scarce) 3 cups flour, 1 egg,  4 1/2 teaspoons yeast (from a big bag of it kept frozen), oil for salad dressing and dinner rolls.

Day 10

Breakfast Leftover Roll:Grapefruit Half
Lunch: Peanut Butter and Crackers
            Son3 Leftover spaghetti noodles mixed with leftover chicken fried rice
Dinner :Pastitsio, tossed salad

Used: 1grapefruit, leftover roll, few crackers and peanut butter, small frozen container chicken fried rice, leftover spaghetti noodles, 1 pan frozen pastitsio, 1/4 head lettuce, 1 small bell pepper, oil and vinegar dressing


Day 11

Breakfast: Coffee, Grapefruit half
Lunch Son3 and me  Leftover Chicken Roll Up
Dinner:  Tossed Salad with Cheese and Crackers

Used: 1/2 Grapefruit ( down to 1 1/2 grapefruits) 1/2 head lettuce ( down to 1/4 head remaining) 1/2 small pepper. last scallion, 1 tomato, 2 inch cube leftover jarlsburg cheese, remaining chicken roll ups, remaining almond crackers.

Day 12
Breakfast: Blueberry Pancakes, Clementine**, Coffee
Lunch: Dandelion Salad, Tea, Triscuit
Dinner:  Hamburger with Lettuce, Tomato, Onion and Cheese on Home Baked Hamburger Buns, Peach Cobbler

Used: Remaining pancake mix, 1 clementine,  1 tomato, 1/2 onion, 2 slices cheddar cheese, 2 lettuce leaves. 1 pack frozen peaches, 2 tablespoons butter

Day 13

Breakfast coffee
Lunch: B-B-Q Turkey Sandwiches on Home Made Buns
Dinner: Chinese takeout

Used: 2 frozen smoked turkey legs. 2 homemade buns

Day 14

Breakfast: Toast, Clementine
Lunch: Leftover Chinese Food/ Leftover Pastitsio
Dinner: Sunday School Class Dinner

Used: 1 clementine, 1 slice bread, leftovers in fridge




* For Christmas 2012 TheHub gave me a Keurig as a present.  I had griped about not wanting one since I have a perfect brewing system.  What a nut I was for complaining .  It is one of the 10 greatest wonders of this world. I am now a K-cup addict, so you might wonder how I am managing my 4-6 K-cup daily habit and not going to the store.  Several months ago I got tired of the waste from the plastic cups.  If I was using 4 cups a day that was 28 K-cups I was contributing to a landfill weekly.  Doing the math for the yearly total is astounding, so I brought some of the copper mesh refillable K-cups.  Several months ago The Pig was selling coffee that had reached it's "sell by " date for 99 cents a pound.  I bought 10 packages and sealed them with the Seal-A-Meal and stuck them in the freezer.  I still have 3 pounds, so my coffee habit can stay intact and my Keurig addiction has not suffered at all.

** I was out of all fresh fruit with the exception of 1 apple and 1 1/2 grapefruits (plus a couple of lemons I use mainly for cooking) .  We are having issues with our water right now.  I refuse to drink yellow water.  TheHub stopped by Publix on his way home yesterday to pick up a few gallons of drinking water.  He saw the clementines and knows how much I love them.  They came home with the water.  I did allow for buying some fresh fruit so technically I am still maintaining the no grocery statute, but I personally would have waited until the remaining fruit was gone and I had used the 2 cans of pineapple in the pantry.  Oh well!

Added Bonus!  Son2 has been at the beach for a few days.  When he came home he brought back 2 tomatoes and an additional bag of clementines. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.