Translate

Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 1 No Food Shopping Challenge




Day 1
Breakfast Grapefruit half        
 Lunch crackers and peanut butter
Dinner Turkish  baked chicken breast, squash casserole,cole slaw

Used: 1 grapefruit, crackers ,1 tablespoon peanut butter,1 pack frozen squash, 1 egg, 2 frozen chicken breasts

Day 2 
Breakfast Blueberry pancakes ( not because I wanted them but because I had a box of blueberry complete mix and it took only water to create breakfast.  Glad I had some sugar free syrup in the fridge. grapefruit half

Lunch Son3  2 grilled chicken breasts,  chocolate milk shake. 
Me, leftover broccoli salad

Dinner Cottage pie, steamed asparagus salad, french bread

Used: 1 serving pancake mix grapefruit, 2 frozen chicken breasts, last serving vanilla ice cream, 3/4 lb ground beef, 4 potatoes 1/2 bag frozen mixed vegetables 1 bunch asparagus.

Day 3
Grapefruit
Brunch son3  leftover cottage pie
Lunch p band crackers 
Dinner  (Drats)  Purchased olive oil. (We were at the lake. Thought I had a bottle of olive oil there but didn't.  Would have taken on from home had I realized it was not there)
White BBQ sauced grilled chicken breasts, pasta salad, carrot raisin apple salad  French bread

Used: grapefruit,crackers, 2pks frozen chicken breasts, 2 carrots, 2 apples 1 tablespoon raisins

Day 4
Breakfast Leftover apple carrot raisin salad
Lunch Son2 Son3 leftover grilled chicken, couscous
Lunch me crackers and 1 slice cheese
Dinner pork tenderloin, succotash , leftover couscous, cucumber onion and tomato salad, French bread

Used: 1 box couscous, frozen pork tenderloin, 1 slice cheese, 1 sm pack frozen Lima beans, 1 pint h.c tomatoes, 2 frozen corn on the cob ears, 1 cucumber, 1 tomato, 1/2 onion

Day 5
Breakfast Sausage and Cheese Biscuits, Clementine
Lunch  Chicken Salad and Pimento Cheese Sandwiches on homemade French bread
Dinner Grilled steak, Asparagus, Baked Potato, Tossed Salad Homemade Greek Dressing

Used: 1/4 pound frozen sausage, 1/3 lb cheddar cheese, 1/4 lb Monterey jack cheese, 1 cup Bisquick, 1 clementine, 1 pack frozen cooked shredded chicken, 1 small jar pimento, 2 small packs frozen steaks, 1 bunch asparagus, 1/2 head lettuce, 3 green onions, 1/2 pack cherry tomatoes, 1 small bell pepper, 4 potatoes

Day 6

Breakfast Bacon and eggs
Lunch leftover chicken salad on crackers Son2 and Son3 frozen pizza
Dinner hamburger (purchased at Jack's)

Used: 5 slices bacon, 3 eggs, 4 slices toast, remnants of chicken salad, 1 frozen Pizza

Day 7

Breakfast Blueberry Pancakes, Grapefruit half, Son2 2 slices turkey bacon
Lunch  me Leftover Cottage Pie, Son3 Hamburger on sliced bread ( no buns in the house)
Dinner Sliced potatoes, onions and peppers  with smoked sausage

Used: 1serving pancake mix, 1 grapefruit, 2 rogue slices of turkey bacon (freezer find) 1 frozen hamburger patty ( I buy pounds of ground chuck on sale make individual patties and freeze them on a cookie sheet, then pack into ziplock freezer bags) 2 potatoes, 1 bell pepper, 1 onion 1 pound frozen smoked sausage.

It has been pretty easy to plan meals using what I have here, but a little more difficult to implement them.  It requires planning what I am going to cook in the morning, so whatever we are eating has time to defrost.  I decided I would like a little more flexibility cooking so today I took 4 items out of the big freezer to thaw in the meat section of the refrigerator.  I think by doing it that way I will be able to be a bit more spontaneous with dinner prep.  I never know in the morning what I want to eat at night anyway.

The one thing I will do on a somewhat regular basis is to continue making French bread.  Since it was so easy, all I really need is a day when I will be available to punch the risen dough down a couple of times and a couple of hours for shaping and the final rising.  It really takes only about 15 minutes of hands on work, the rest is simply rising times.
  I cleaned the pantry and the kitchen fridge so I know how much of each thing I have for the rest of the month.  The freezer does not look like even a tiny dent has been made in the food stored there.  I had forgotten how much produce I froze during the summer so I need to be using it a bit more.  Hopefully this week I will use more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.