Translate

Monday, December 7, 2015

Sweet Hot Peanuts and Vomiting Unicorns







I was going to post a picture of a little vignette in my den today, but ran upon this sweater and could
not help but snag the picture and of course provide the link should any of you need to present a loved one with a sweater featuring a glitter vomiting Unicorn. Ahhhh! Christmas as its finest!







Today's recipe is a simple something to nosh on when you want something sweet and hot.

Glazed Spiced Peanuts

I cup raw peanuts (I would prefer these skinless but didn't want to take the time to rub them between 2 clean dishtowels to get the skins off. So obviously it really did not matter to me at all!)
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
salt to taste


In a nonstick pan toast the peanuts for 3 or 4 minutes until parched but not burned ( through trial and error there is a fine line between the two).

Put the peanuts in a small bowl or pot ( DO NOT USE PLASTIC...another trial and error)

In the same hot pan add the sugar and stirring constantly over a medium high heat melt the sugar and let it come to a light caramel. Stir in the spices and salt , then pour over the peanuts. ( See now why plastic is a bad idea?) Stir like mad to coat the entire cup of peanuts and pour on a plate to cool. Break into small bits when completely cool. These things disappear about as quickly as I make them. 

And just in case you are like me and floundering with what to wear because it is too bloomin hot for December here is a little video for your listening/watching entertainment. Mr Heat Miser

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's some sweater. It defies words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so bad, but sadly, someone somewhere must be buying this stuff

      Delete
  2. Mythical puking creatures-YOU OWN LIFE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it saddens me when I realize how little it takes to thrill me.

      Delete
  3. OMG just another way to part fools with their money

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.