Translate

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Batting 500 With Pinterest Today

This morning before I had coffee, I started the day with hot vinegar and blue Dawn dishwashing liquid.  I had been reading all about the miracle of vinegar and Dawn as the end all be all of shower cleaning.  According to all of the posts it was the most amazing cleaner EVER!  So, I woke,  put the coffee on and immediately began heating the vinegar in the microwave.  Beep!  Not hot enough so a little more time. Beep! Still just warm so a bit more.  Finally I had it heated hot yet not boiling.  I poured it in its brand new spray bottle and mixed equal portions of Dawn original blue detergent.

Still no coffee, but off I went to spray all the surfaces of the shower.  Spritz, spritz, spritz,  and after about 15 minutes of spritzing my bathroom smelled like a really clean pickle.  Now it was time to wait 2 hours for the magic to happen.  I sipped coffee, did laundry, cleaned out a few drawers, kitchen cabinets, the freezer in the laundry, laundry room fridge and various other tasks that I also dislike doing .

 I could not wait to get in the shower and wipe all the soap scum down with a sponge. About 10 minutes later I was supposed  have a gleaming shower.  I  was almost giddy as I entered it but then i almost  busted my big fat butt as I slid across the shower floor.  The dishwashing liquid was very slippery but that was no problem, I just got out so I could wipe the floor first and then I could wipe down the walls without the fear of slipping.  The first swipe with the sponge yielded no results, nor did the second, nor the third.  No problem, I would get the scrub brush that is specifically used for the shower and lightly scrub.  Did I say lightly?  Two hours with a scrub brush later I had finished all the surfaces, so I rinsed everything well then waited for it to dry, to see_______more damn soap scum marks!  If I had used what I normally use I would have scrubbed for 30 minutes, rinsed and it would have been clean.  Instead I had to spray again with Kaboom, wait about 10 more minutes and scrub again.  So yes, my shower is gleaming, and no, the Dawn and vinegar does not work at all!

After that Pinterest fiasco I really did not think our supper tonight would be a success.  Oh I knew the chicken would cook and I knew that it would taste ok, but I had little faith that it would actually be good.  What a pleasant surprise I had!   This is that chicken recipe that is flooding Pinterest and it says So much better than fried!   Then it lists the ingredients.  I tried to trace it back to the website it came from but all I found was one Pinterest picture after another, so I apologize for not crediting this to whomever originated it.  Here goes!




So Much Better Than Fried Chicken

4 (boneless skinless?) chicken breasts.  What I used anyway
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon seasoned salt

Mix all the ingredients together and spread on the top of the chicken.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  Oh my goodness!  I don't know if it was the yogurt or something else but this was probably the most tender chicken I have ever eaten. The cheese formed a soft crust on the top with this delicious savory custard underneath followed by melt in your mouth chicken.  It was truly delicious.  Usually we each eat 1 piece of chicken and I have the leftovers for a couple of lunches.  Tonight there was nothing left!

This is going to be in rotation for one of those "go to" meals.  We only had chicken a mixed green salad and a savory muffin and the meal felt complete.  It really does not get any easier than that.  The only thing I will do differently is use minced fresh garlic instead of garlic powder and cut the seasoned salt down to about 1/2 teaspoon. ( I don't like a lot of salt and with the parmesan cheese this was almost on the salty side.  The Hub thought it was perfect, but he can  salt his a little more at the table the next time we have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.