Translate

Friday, October 27, 2017

Plantscape


I was contacted by Plantscape Inc recently and was offered artificial plants in exchange for an completely unbiased review.  They are a commercial landscaping business doing both interior and exterior foliage, plants and trees. They must had heard about my notorious black thumb because artificial plants are one of the few things I can't kill. It sounded like a winning proposition to me, so I selected the Echeveria. 



The lake place has a screened porch that never gets any rain. I have planted several plants for the baker's rack there, but something always comes up and we don't go there in time for me to water.  Even some of the succulents I have planted have withered and died. I had already decided to "plant" artificial succulents there so this was a no brainer.

The box came with six plants (all the same size). The picture on the left shows one plant sitting on a standard dinner plate for reference. It is a high quality plant, such high quality that Mom thought they were real

Since we have been notoriously lax about going to the lake and I wanted to get this review underway, I decided to create an arrangement using the echeveria here at the house instead of waiting any longer.



Close up of the leaf detail. The plants are very detailed and lifelike

The finished arrangement on the dining room table. It would have been much nicer if I had an actual barn wood box, instead of faux painted cardboard one.



Tight shot of the "plantings" with some additional Michael's faux succulents

Since I am a total amateur this is about the best I can do, but take a look at at the Plantscape web page for some photos of what people with talent and an eye for design can do using these quality plants.

Again this is my honest and unbiased opinion.





23 comments:

  1. Okay so inside for years my plastic flowers died, but I am getting better. I think this looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do houseplants well. Outside everything stands a chance!

      Delete
  2. I saw succulents somewhere that I thought were fake. However, they looked real. Maybe I was correct since these look so much nicer. Hey, I like your cardboard barn wood planter. You made it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks real. Nice to extend some greenery now that summer is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am taking it to the lake place since it looks like we are actually going to go sometime today.

      Delete
  4. Wow. I am not usually a fan of artificial plants, but these look wonderful. And I kill indoor plants too. So I no longer even attempt them. Have fun at the lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on being a sloth this weekend. It is supposed to storm tomorrow, so even better. I won't have to feel guilty for not working outside.

      Delete
  5. They are very realistic!
    I don't do well with indoor plants. They go ok for a while then iput them outside to wash dust off or something and they get sunburned and i don't want to bring them back so they languish at the back of the house

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job setting them up. They look very real. Maybe artificial plants is the way for me to go in the front yard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw some similar plants at Hobby Lobby and I couldn't believe how real they looked. My issue is, although they look fantastic, they will need to be dusted. I hate dusting. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. At the lake I will just stick them in some pots with river rocks then put them on the outside deck and rinse them with a hose.

      Delete
  8. That is cool! They look soooo real!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw quite a few artificial plants while shopping for them to stage my house and you definitely get what you pay for. I prefer live plants, but so do my cats, so I don't do house plants any more. I have a couple of artificial ones out now that I saved from staging and they do add a nice touch of green. From what I can see in the pictures, those plants look pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice and will be great at the lake place porch

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. They do look nice, but after Halloween I am dismantling the entire thing. I forgot to take it to the lake this past weekend and I really do want to put them there.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.