Translate

Monday, October 22, 2018

The week

Well, as I begin typing this I could tell you how we ate some things I planned and we had some unplanned changes as usual. My life just does not flow in a straight line, and most of the time I am not only in rough waters but I am swimming as fast and furiously as I can to avoid rapids and river rocks that appear out of no where. Then sometimes life throws you something unexpected, that is unexpectedly wonderful.

Son3 has been in a relationship with the lovely Helena for quite a while and yesterday afternoon, on a beautiful day in Central Park, they decided to get married. We could not be happier to have her in our family. And in 4 weeks we welcome wonderful Laura into our family. We have already been blessed with phenomenal Kyoko thanks to Son1, so all the "others" spots are filled now. We are thrilled our sons have chosen such wonderful women to walk through life with, and love each of them  so much.

What was planned;
1. Indian butter chicken, cauliflower rice, brown rice (TheHub)
2. Keto crack chicken, steamed spinach, baked potato (TheHub)

3. Grilled tuna steaks, cauliflower mashed "potatoes" cucumber slices, tomato slices (TheHub)

4. Grilled pork tenderloin, cooked cabbage, baked sweet potato (TheHub)

5. Spaghetti sauce with ground beef, zucchini noodles, real pasta (TheHub) chopped green salad

6. Grilled brats (ball game meal) corn on the cob (TheHub) coleslaw

7. Chili, mine plain, with beans (The Hub) coleslaw, cornbread (TheHub)

What happened:
Keto Crack chicken over cauliflower crumbles  This was really good!

Roasted pork tenderloin  wilted spinach salad

Browned sausage Italian sausage, with peppers and onions, cooked cabbage on the side (Found 2 Italian sausages I had forgotten about. They had to be cooked

Indian butter chicken (delicious) with caul rice (me) brown rice (everyone else) broccoli, tossed green salad   Son2 and DIL2 ate with us and she was nuts for this dish.

Out to eat, Greek salad

BBQ Pork butt, sautéed cabbage, cucumber, tomato and onion salad. (Went to The Pig to purchase meats they had on deep discount and was lured by the scent of butts they were smoking under a tent in the parking lot. Yep, they cast the rod and I took the bait)

Chili and coleslaw (Drats found a recipe for Keto cornbread but forgot to make it

Planned  for this week?
Spaghetti sauce with beef, zucchini noodles (me) regular spaghetti (TheHub), tossed salad

Bolivian chicken, green beans, cauli rice (me), brown rice (TheHub)

Frittata, asparagus, rolls (TheHub), fake bread (me)

TheHub has a business dinner so leftovers or a fast day for me

Cajun chicken pasta, zucchini noodles for me, pasta for TheHub 

Chicken veggie soup, cornbread (real for TheHub, keto for me)

Either we go out to eat or grill burgers. I don't care which!

And the wedding dress update__It looks better but I am still not pleased with the fit. I am going to go ahead and order the other dress. I may keep it or might send it back but I think I want another option here just in case I need it.





26 comments:

  1. Sometimes a gal just needs choices......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need choices every day because I tend to balk at a plan. This keto thing requires planning and I am surprised I have stuck with it just because of the planning required.

      Delete
  2. Mother of the bride/groom is a thankless role.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weekend wedding required nothing, not even our appearance!

      Delete
    2. They decided to get married....right then? And got married on the spot?

      Delete
  3. I admire your dedication! I gave keto a not so valiant try, not for me,, but your meals are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the easiest thing I have ever done, and trust me there is not a diet in town I can't beat.

      Delete
  4. You have introduced us to your new daughter-in-law and she seems to be one talented, lovely person. Congtats to all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is wonderful. Plus in 3 plus weeks Laura formally joins our tribe. I am blessed a million times over

      Delete
  5. Hooray for welcoming another family member. Or perhaps for making it official. It sounds as if she was already very welcome.
    Planning? I do my best, but frequently fail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new daughter in law. Did you have any idea they were planning to get married?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I understood that as they got engaged. Didn't realize they actually got married. Good for them. That would be fine by me too actually as I wanted to do the same thing so I understand. It doesn't work for everyone of course but ... heck, God bless 'em. Wow, and things really are moving apace for you aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes time passes quickly and sometimes it moves at lightning speed. Right now it is moving at the speed of light

      Delete
  8. Congratulations to the new young couple! How exciting!

    I'm sure your dress will fit fine, but having another dress on hand, just in case, is a good idea, too. My cousin found that out when the zipper of the dress she bought to wear to her daughter's wedding broke when she was getting dressed! She had to wear another dress she already had, instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just another reason! My friend wore a formal skirt and tot to her daughters wedding. She ordered 2 tips just in case she spilled anything during dinner

      Delete
  9. Sounds like you're making progress with the diet, although not as quick as you'd like. You have some interesting meal choices -- loads of variety. And congrats to the newlyweds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not going as fast as I had hoped. Such is life.
      The only way I can do this diet is to have lots of variety
      I will pass along the congratulations.

      Delete
  10. With three DILs, you will have plenty of help in the kitchen if you want or need it. Your sons and wives all sound like nice people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest my sons are great cooks and do most of the cooking for their ladies. Since they were little folks they helped in the kitchen
      They are all very nice people and my sons are all nice smart asses.

      Delete
  11. Well, as they say, a plan without a backup plan is just a dream. Since you're not absolutely certain the dress will fit it makes perfect sense to have another one waiting in the wings. You stuck to your meal plan fairly well and I have been inspired by you and others who make a weekly plan. I planned a few things over the last couple of weeks and it really helps to know what food prep is needed as well as having a list and sticking to it. This weekend we have a lot of Thai food leftover which should tide us over until Monday. Congrats on the proposal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much Jane,
      I plan and fall short and plan again.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.