Translate

Sunday, October 28, 2018

It's a Whole New Week

Well another plan and another week of busting the plan. I seem to be very good at making a meal plan and then not following it. This week is no exception.  I have been a busy bee making flowers and bouquets for the upcoming wedding and am living in a house filled with paper snips and glue remnants.  And flowers, I did mention them didn't I? As of tonight I have made 27 boutonnieres, 15  bouquets, 1 mother of the bride arrangement, and need to make 7 more roses for the bride's bouquet.

I know this sound like a stupid big wedding party, but it is really not at all excessive. Both Son2 and DIL2 work at The Independence Place of Alabama. It is a facility providing social and recreational opportunities for differently abled adults. These two wonderful people not only wanted all of them to share in their wedding day but they wanted them to be and feel included. So I needed to make a slew of items for honorary groomsmen and bridal attendants. I am so privileged to be able to make help them with the grunt work and I am so proud to call  them my family. They both have hearts as big as the whole world.

Now I have to get my butt in gear and finish everything by tomorrow so I can get started getting the house ready. Wedding weekend through Thanksgiving we are having 6 houseguests, in addition to the rehearsal party (which we are calling a non-rehearsal party since they are not having one ), a wedding, a birthday party for Pip (the granddaughter) ,  some sort of wedding celebration for Son3 and DIL3, and Thanksgiving dinner. It is going to be a whirlwind of activities, but it will be a delightful whirlwind.

What I planned last week:

Spaghetti sauce with beef, zucchini noodles (me) regular spaghetti (TheHub), tossed salad

Bolivian chicken, green beans, cauli rice (me), brown rice (TheHub)

Frittata, asparagus, rolls (TheHub), fake bread (me)

TheHub has a business dinner so leftovers or a fast day for me

Cajun chicken pasta, zucchini noodles for me, pasta for TheHub 

Chicken veggie soup, cornbread (real for TheHub, keto for me)

Either we go out to eat or grill burgers. I don't care which!

What really happened:

Spaghetti, noodles, zoodles, tossed salad, french bread (them) fake roll (me)

Frittata, asparagus

Turkey veggie soup, fake cornbread (TheHub had the fake stuff too)

Out to eat (veggie plate)

Out to eat Philly cheese steak (minus the bread) coleslaw

Out to eat Grilled shrimp and scallops, green beans, coleslaw

Grabbed a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store, cauliflower mashed "potatoes" tossed salad

The upcoming week:

Keto ground beef Philly cheese steak, tossed salad

Leftover Turkey soup, coleslaw

Ball game hot dog lunch, baked beans (them) veggies and dip

Keto chicken pot pie, coleslaw, broccoli

Something with chicken

Pork tenderloin, asparagus, rice (TheHub) cauli rice (me)

Sloppy Joe's in keto fake bun (me)  real bun (TheHub)

I am craving something sweet so I hope to make some keto chocolate chip cookies along with some keto oreos.  I also need to make more of the fake buns/rolls. I think I only have one left in the freezer. Keto diets work but they require a lot of cooking. Lots and lots of cooking!

This might or might now work depending on how much I get done in the house and how quickly I finish the flowers. Fingers crossed!

I am still reading your blogs even if I am not commenting. 



24 comments:

  1. You are insanely busy - but celebrations are the very best kind of busyness. I hope that everything goes wonderfully - including your dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is crazy right now but it will slow down to a crawl immediately after Thanksgiving weekend.

      Delete
  2. I love your "something with chicken" dinner. That's about how it goes around here.

    What is the venue for the wedding? The facility where they work or somewhere else? I love the generosity. This may be the only time some of the people may get to see a wedding or attend, and especially with their own flowers. Snip, snip, glue glue. I hope we get to see pictures.

    At first, I wondered how you were going to refrigerate that many flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When all the flowers are finished and I have the paper scraps completely up and the dining rook back to normal I will take a picture of them and explain her reasonings for choosing the particular look.
      They are getting married at a wedding venue near Oneonta. It is a facility with an outdoor chapel facing a scenic overlook and has a huge "barn" for the reception. I hate to call it an actual barn because it has never housed animals, is completely finished inside so only the exterior is in any way shape or form barnish.

      Delete
    2. I think I know where you mean. My allergies start acting up when I hear "barn." There is no way you can get a real barn clean enough for me.


      At least this has an end date and you can relax...maybe. I would hire someone to clean windows and such. Making flowers sounds more fun.

      Delete
  3. Wow! My head is spinning with all that's going on at your house. Do you have any helpers? Good luck with all of it. All good things to be celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ai pretty much have to build al the flowers by myself. I think I am going to hire someone to wash the windows and do some touch up paint.

      Delete
  4. Whew... you are definitely a busy woman right now. It's going to be beautiful; but oh, sweet relief is coming. AND you can eat some wedding cake soon... pure sugar! :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot to do in a little time and the flowers are taking much more time than I thought they would.

      Delete
  5. With so much going on even staying within 50 feet of the meal plan is ok! lolz
    I hope it all comes together(it will!)and you enjoy yourself no matter which dress you end up fitting into. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning the dress fits better still. I am not sure which I will be wearing, the weather has some bearing on it also.

      Delete
  6. How sweet - so nice of your son and fiancee to invite all people at Independent Place - I totally see why they want flowers for each of them, great idea (and what a great mother you are for making them!) I am sure the wedding will be wonderful, although you may have nightmares of making boutonnieres by that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the sweetest couple I have ever met and I love making these for them. I just hate I underestimated the time it would take on the roses, but they are so cool looking.

      Delete
  7. Weddings require work. I think my youngest is soon to be engaged. Help! My brain and pocketbook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo! Need help making paper flowers? I have gotten pretty dang good at calla lilies and roses.

      Delete
  8. I couldn't even think of doing all that!
    Im wishing you speedy fingers, great weather, your favourite dress and wonderful festivities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The work begins in earnest tomorrow morning. The flowers are done and now the cleaning begins!

      Delete
  9. Wow! You are busy and going to be busy for the next few weeks! I'm sure you'll get everything done and it will all look wonderful. How lovely of your son and his fiancee to include everyone at the facility on their big day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are truly the kindest couple I have ever known. The flowers are finished and I have begun on the house. I hate housework!

      Delete
  10. You wear me out! Busy, busy, busy, and it all sounds great!!! I can't imagine trying to cook everyday with all of that, I'd go out to eat too! Here's to your delightful whirlwind, good luck and have a blast with it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are off plan this week but I am cooking and remain keto compliant. The dress is a great motivator.

      Delete
  11. Life’s what happens while we are busy making plans...sometimes that includes menu plans LOL. I actually managed a monthly plan for October and more or less stuck to it in spirit. I don’t fret over the details too much haha! I’ve made Novembers, but I know it will be a full of “life” month so we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not fretting over details as much as I am worried I have more to do than time allows.

      Delete
  12. You obviously enjoy this kind of "entertaining" I guess. While I love feeding my family that level of "entertaining" would stress the heck out of me. But then I remember you said you had catered for Pavarotti so I kneel before your abilities.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.