This week was just another week in my life where some days go according to plan and other days find any plan I made falling like a wobbly house of cards. Life just gets complicated sometimes. I have the choice to either get crazy frustrated or punt and because my frustration harms me more than it does anyone around me, I will punt nearly every time. I do have a question for those of you who have a crazy organized and regimented life. How do you adapt on the fly to things not in your daily plan, because the day I have planned rarely coincides with my actual day.
The keto way of eating is continuing except for Friday night when I had planned to have whatever I wanted while we were out celebrating our combo birthdays/anniversary dinner. The wedding dress fits better this week, but it is still a tad snug. Word to the wise. . . for an accurate critical view of what something looks like, do not hop out of bed with unbrushed hair, no makeup on, wearing a sports bra to try on a semi formal dress. Yeah, don't ask me how I know what a horrifying picture it is.
Since the dress fit is still not exactly to my liking I am following an extreme keto regime this week. I had no idea it could be more extreme than what I was doing, but along came Dr. Berg's video of how to lose a size in one week just in time to prove me wrong. This week I have no margin for chaos and need to follow it exactly, sea kelp and all.
This is what I planned last week Grilled tuna steaks, broccoli, cauliflower mashed "potatoes" (Big sale on tuna this week)
2, Mississippi pot roast (Cooked and frozen) over cauliflower mashed potatoes with green beans and sliced tomatoes
3. Pork tenderloin, over spinach, radish "hash browns" (I know it sounds horrid but it is actually quite tasty) cucumber slices.
4. Sausage and kraut bake, tater tots (TheHub) steamed cauliflower (me)
5, "Fried" chicken, corn on the cob (TheHub) green beans, sliced tomatoes, sliced cukes
6. Out to eat. We both have birthdays as well as an anniversary in a 30 day stretch. Since I have been doing the keto thing we decided to combine them this year. Friday night I am going to have whatever suits my fancy, then most likely fast on Saturday to get back into ketosis quickly. (Unless I decide to stick with the keto way of eating while celebrating)
7. Depending on what happened Friday night I will either be fasting or eating a bowl of some keto broth based soup. TheHub and Son2 are going to a 6 pm football game and will not be here to eat anyway, so at best I will throw some veggies and chicken bits in some chicken broth and call it a meal.
And this is what happened instead
Sausage and Kraut, tomatoes, cucumbers
Mississippi pot roast, mashed cauliflower "potatoes"
Keto oven "fried" chicken, broccoli, chopped salad
Laap with cauliflower rice (long day at Mom's made take out a necessity)
Birthday/Anniversary meal, lamb chops, bread (yes real bread), romaine, walnut and strawberry salad, asparagus, oh yeah and cookies
Leftover lamb (the salad was huge and I had 3 large pieces left over) shredded cabbage, cucumbers
TheHub's actual birthday and he wanted burgers. They had burgers, chips and baked beans, I had a hamburger patty, shredded cabbage, parmesean crisps.
And now on to this week with no/limited eating flexibility
1. Indian butter chicken, cauliflower rice, brown rice (TheHub)
2. Keto crack chicken, steamed spinach, baked potato (TheHub)
3. Grilled tuna steaks, cauliflower mashed "potatoes" cucumber slices, tomato slices (TheHub)
4. Grilled pork tenderloin, cooked cabbage, baked sweet potato (TheHub)
5. Spaghetti sauce with ground beef, zucchini noodles, real pasta (TheHub) chopped green salad
6. Grilled brats (ball game meal) corn on the cob (TheHub) coleslaw
7. Chili, mine plain, with beans (The Hub) coleslaw, cornbread (TheHub)
And I am sure after following this for a week I will be just like Cinderella and magically transformed, right? Anyone out there have a spare fairy godmother they would like to send to Alabama?