Translate

Monday, October 15, 2018

Close, But No Cigar



This week was just another week in my life where some days go according to plan and other days find any plan I made falling like a wobbly house of cards. Life just gets complicated sometimes. I have the choice to either get crazy frustrated or punt and because my frustration harms me more than it does anyone around me, I will punt nearly every time.  I do have a question for those of you who have a crazy organized and regimented life.  How do you adapt on the fly to things not in your daily plan, because the day I have planned rarely coincides with my actual day.

The keto way of eating is continuing except for Friday night when I had planned to have whatever I wanted while we were out celebrating our combo birthdays/anniversary dinner. The wedding dress fits better this week, but it is still a tad snug.  Word to the wise. . . for an accurate critical view of what something looks like, do not hop out of bed with unbrushed hair, no makeup on, wearing a sports bra to try on a semi formal dress.  Yeah, don't ask me how I know what a horrifying picture it is.

Since the dress fit is still not exactly to my liking I am following an extreme keto regime this week. I had no idea it could be more extreme than what I was doing, but along came Dr. Berg's video of how to lose a size in one week just in time to prove me wrong.  This week I have no margin for chaos and need to follow it exactly, sea kelp and all.

This is what I planned last week Grilled tuna steaks, broccoli, cauliflower mashed "potatoes" (Big sale on tuna this week)

2, Mississippi pot roast (Cooked and frozen)  over cauliflower mashed potatoes with green beans and sliced tomatoes

3. Pork tenderloin, over spinach, radish "hash browns" (I know it sounds horrid but it is actually quite tasty) cucumber slices.

4. Sausage and kraut bake, tater tots (TheHub) steamed cauliflower (me)

5, "Fried" chicken,  corn on the cob (TheHub) green beans, sliced tomatoes, sliced cukes

6.  Out to eat. We both have birthdays as well as an anniversary in a 30 day stretch. Since I have been doing the keto thing we decided to combine them this year. Friday night I am going to have whatever suits my fancy, then most likely fast on Saturday  to get back into ketosis quickly.  (Unless I decide to stick with the keto way of eating while celebrating)

7. Depending on what happened Friday night I will either be fasting or eating a bowl of some keto broth based soup. TheHub and Son2 are going to a 6 pm football game and will not be here to eat anyway, so at best  I will throw some veggies and chicken bits in some chicken broth and call it a meal. 

And this is what happened instead

Sausage and Kraut, tomatoes, cucumbers

Mississippi pot roast, mashed cauliflower "potatoes"

Keto oven  "fried" chicken, broccoli, chopped salad

Laap with cauliflower rice (long day at Mom's made take out a necessity)

Birthday/Anniversary meal, lamb chops, bread (yes real bread), romaine, walnut and strawberry salad, asparagus, oh yeah and cookies

Leftover lamb (the salad was huge and I had 3 large pieces left over) shredded cabbage, cucumbers

TheHub's actual birthday and he wanted burgers. They had burgers, chips and baked beans, I had a hamburger patty, shredded cabbage, parmesean crisps.

And now on to this week with no/limited eating flexibility

1. Indian butter chicken, cauliflower rice, brown rice (TheHub)

2. Keto crack chicken, steamed spinach, baked potato (TheHub)

3. Grilled tuna steaks, cauliflower mashed "potatoes" cucumber slices, tomato slices (TheHub)

4. Grilled pork tenderloin, cooked cabbage, baked sweet potato (TheHub)

5. Spaghetti sauce with ground beef, zucchini noodles, real pasta (TheHub) chopped green salad

6. Grilled brats (ball game meal) corn on the cob (TheHub) coleslaw

7. Chili, mine plain, with beans (The Hub) coleslaw, cornbread (TheHub)

And I am sure after following this for a week I will be just like Cinderella and magically transformed, right? Anyone out there have a spare fairy godmother they would like to send to Alabama?



22 comments:

  1. Sounds all good to me and I'm glad your dress is doing OK too! I've never heard of Mississippi pot roast, sounds good! And have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evidently Mississippi pot roast is merely a chuck roast cooked in the crock pot with onion soup mix, ranch dressing mix and a packet of au jus mix. Since I am doing keto I had to make the ranch mix and the onion soup mix and leave out the au jus mix entirely. I cooked it until it fell apart and it was quite good. Son2 and soon to be DIL2 ate with us and they want me to make it for them again, so I consider it successful.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about not trying an outfit on without being dolled up. I find slippers really add to the magic (and/or no bra - yeah that sells it every time)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I knew I needed a bra so I plopped on a pull over sports bra. Yep it really just made the outfit

      Delete
  3. Good luck.
    Though with the discipline you are applying, luck isn't the right word. So instead I hope that all your endeavours are hugely successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be an effort in futility but I am not going down without a fight Also I tried on the first dress I bought. I hated it when I first tried it on but it looks completely different now. I have a backup if I need it., but another dress I found is also calling my name.

      Delete
  4. I agree with not rolling out of bed and putting on the dress. With your plan, the dress should fit before the wedding. And, how is your mother? At home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might fit like I want it to or I might have to ditch the plan entirely we have a few other events later that require similar clothes.
      Mom is still at home fighting any outside help

      Delete
  5. I can't do regimented, either!
    at this point I woulld be over the keto plan and eating whatever I wanted and buying a new dress so kudos to you for sticking it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think keto and I are still on good terms. I am not weighing until the end of this month. Then I will know for sure. The decision to keep the dress is going to be made next week

      Delete
  6. I am sure you looked better than I ever would stumbling out of bed. I thought I took my eye make up off well last night, but horrific raccoon eyes looked at me in the mirror. I need to do something about the weight. My knees are feeling it this fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I had the raccoon eyes plus I had the stick up straight on top of the head bed-head.
      I was doing really well and losing each week but hit a wall and lost nothing for 2. Since my usual m.o. is to think it is not working and doing a little self sabotage I made a choice to not weigh at all until October 31. Time will tell but the dress is a bit more of a body con look than I am comfortable with. An inch here and there would make a tremendous difference. It may happen or it may not.

      Delete
  7. I had a good laugh about the rolling out of bed and trying the dress on. I am sure you will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful is highly doubtful. You can only work with what you have to work with. Right now I am aiming for interesting.

      Delete
  8. Have you tried wearing the dress with Spanx? Just to be on the safe side, you might want to have a pair on hand.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have mostly been spending my lunches eating leftovers... but I think it has upped my metabolism this week because I'm at the lowest weight even though I've been eating like a pig! I'll get back on the lunch salad kick this week. I have to, or the cucumber will go bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so understand basing the lunch meal plan on whatever is about to ruin.

      Delete
  10. I've never made Mississippi pot roast. Have to give that a try one of these days. Sounds like a great meal plan -- best of luck with the diet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never tried it before either, but it was a very simple meal with a different flavor than the typical onion soup/ cream of mushroom roast I made years ago.

      Delete
  11. I am not organized and can't keep to a plan, at all! I can plan out the day very nicely, but then, I don't implement the plan! You are a lot more disciplined than I am with the diet! I am sure the dress will fit perfectly when the time comes to wear it. But, I am also glad that you have another dress in the wings, just in case! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am old and learned a long time ago to always have plan B with plan C waiting in the wings, just because life rarely goes as planned.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.