Translate

Monday, August 5, 2024

Whew, just made it

As has become my habit, I am including the meals and joys on the same day. It is just easier for my incredibly forgetful self to handle, but now I seem to be forgetting the dual post as well.  This one will be published with just minutes left on Monday.  Too much, too little, too late?



Monday joy: TheHub went to work while I stayed home. I actually like being at home on Mondays because it lets me do things that need to be done which frees up the week.He came in early and we had a few errands to run. 
Monday dinner: While we were out doing some shopping we decided to stop at the Pita Cafe for dinner
Racer with a side of tabbouleh

Tuesday joy: TheHub is enjoying his retirement by going into the office again. I stayed at home mainly because it was so dang hot.  Air conditioning is a huge joy!
Tuesday dinner: I had decided to use what we had here for meals rather than go to the store and buy anything else.
Au gratin potatoes, tomato slices, pickled okra

Wednesday joy: I was able to go to my happy place again with my beloved sister. This week we were able to make some Olympic themed treats since they were celebrating The Olympics. My favorite people are the participants of The Independence Place. Walking in there feels like I have just had a bucket of joy thrown all over me.
Wednesday dinner:  Even though I got home in time to cook, I did not get home in time to get anything thawed to cook. Instead we did take out.
Whatever we had was not memorable and I have totally forgotten what we bought.

Thursday joy; It was too hot to have my coffee on the porch so I sat at the table, read and drank too much coffee while I read. Now tell me why I decided to read a book on quantam physics. I guess I just wanted to know how little I knew (that statement still applies) 
Thursday dinner: I was still struggling to keep from shopping, but I had a tim of corned beef, about 10 new potatoes that needed to be used and a slightly soft onion. 
Corned beef hash, coleslaw

Friday joy: After a torrential rain storm and high winds that knocked branches from our oak tree  and left trees all over the neighborhood down, we celebrated Son2's birthday. He is truly one of the best people I know. and the joy is knowing what a wonderful man he turned out to be. 
Friday dinner: We met Son2 and DIL2 at sSeasons 52 for his birthday dinner.
Various entrees, but mine was lamb loin, asparagus and truffle mashed potatoes. (about half of it came home with me)

Saturday: THeHub went into the office again. retirement is not taking! While he was gone I entertained myself with olympic fever, while reading more of the physics book. I guess I am a glutton for punishment.
As much as I try to summon my inner Faraday, it is just not working. There is a reason I am not a physicist
My joy is realizing my limitations both in sports and science.
Saturday Dinner: The fridge had a half a jar of hot salsa and a half a jar of queso. A little kitchen magic was needed to turn it into dinner.. TheHub stopped on his way home to grab a bag of salad. I do not usually buy bagged salad, but I did not want anything leftover. I padded said bag with tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes and green onions and then I had leftover salad anyway.
Mexican-ish chicken and pasta dish, tossed salad.

Sunday: joy: TheHub and I had a slow morning  watching the olympic golf final. I was happy Scottie Scheffler took the gold medal.Once it was over  he decided to run into the office for a bit. While he was gone I got involved finishing the stupid physics book and watching more olympic games Who would have thought watching women ride bikes through the streets of Paris would be so addicting. THeHub came home when the race was about half over and neither of us moved until the winner crossed the finish line.We celebrated the winner, whose name I promptly forgot.
Sunday dinner: After the race was finished it was time for me to start thinking about dinner.. I had taken a couple of pork chops out of the freezer to thaw and knew we were having that, but had no idea how ai would be making them.
Pork chops with a mushroom, caper wine reduction, saffron rice, leftover tossed salad

p.s. I could not find my glasses, and as much as I tried to proof this, all the words look like ant scribblings, so please be kind!
 











25 comments:

  1. Lots of joy. Most of my family have 'science brains'. My mother and my youngest brother fought over who would do my physics homework. I let them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have let them do it also. I never felt the need to take physics which was not required, thank goodness.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful week, filled with lots of joys and good food. I am laughing to myself over your husband's definition of being retired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, he is at work again this morning. Totally messed up our Portland trip plans.

      Delete
  3. I love physics, but I don't have a math brain. I read Stephen Hawkings Brief History of Time. Obviously, I don't have a time brain either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you would be someone who loved it!

      Delete
    2. Anne,
      I thought I would, too. But, it was awful. I told my physics teacher, too!

      Delete
  4. Err a book on quantum physics??? You must be ..... nope, I got nothin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just curious. What physics books are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The Biggest Ideas in the Universe, Quanta and Fields"

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I have put two books in the series on hold at the library. My husband and others in their family are physicists. Books like these might help me understand what they're talking about.

      Delete
  6. Good for you to read the book of quantam physics...I wish I had the desire to read one myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust that I read it for both of us and you don't need to read it!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a nice week with joys and good food. How long is your hubs going to continue to go to work after retirement?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps you deserve a medal for reading a book of Physics on purpose!
    I never heard of a Racer (nor Tabbouleh), but having checked the website, my Tom would love the Pita Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a hole in the wall type of place, but we love it.

      Delete
  9. I certainly hope your hub is still being paid to come into the office. (I'm assuming he is!)
    The Olympics have certainly captured my attention. I'm going to be in trouble next week as I'll have to do stuff..like weeding andn housework!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is on a contract.
      I am glad The Olympics are only held every 4 years. It is too big of a distraction.

      Delete
  10. Stupid physics book.... Hmmmmm. I love your son and his wife they are the most wonderful of people. But look who raised him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well,
    I hope you get to leave for Portland soon! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things change all the time. I just did not get a vote!

      Delete
  12. I'm no physicist but I feel like Quantum Physics could be fascinating if it was presented by the right teacher and good on you for making the effort. I once tried to read Dante's Inferno and learnt that I couldn't :)
    It's so nice to have great people for children, go you

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.