Translate

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Almost!

I'm getting better!



Deconstructed Lasagna, tossed salad 
Hamburgers with all the fixings, coleslaw, baked beans
Dijon chicken, rice, broccoli, sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers
Lady peas, squash casserole, tomato cucumber onion salad
BLT salad
Out to eat
Leftovers or stuffed peppers with leftovers

I am planning our menu Wednesday -Tuesday to take advantage of  the weekly food ads for my area. For the past 7 days I stayed almost on plan with slight revisions. 

We still had a veggie meal but instead of lady peas we had speckled butter beans, with sautéed squash rather than a casserole. 

The night with the dijon chicken, I substituted mashed potatoes for the rice, but all in all any changes were minor.

The one meal I changed totally was simply because I had some tomatoes that needed to be used, and I had 1 deep dish pie crust in the refrigerator. Because we really do like it, tomato pie became our meal.

Also, the out to eat meal turned into a takeout meal for the family.

Possibilities for the week:
1. Leftover tomato pie, tossed salad
2. Leftover baked ziti (take out meal) tossed salad, green beans
3. Stuffed bell pepper, mashed potatoes, coleslaw
4. Veggie meal TBD
5. Ball game meal (most likely hot dogs, coleslaw)
6. Grilled tuna steaks, roasted vegetables, baked potato
7. Out to eat

Have a good week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all

17 comments:

  1. Impressive! And the food, as always, sounds delicious.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of a hot dog. I haven't had one of those in a very long time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it is ball season (either football or women's softball, with an occasional basketball game) we are bound to have what TheHub calls a ball game meal. Hot dogs are the easiest!

      Delete
  3. I'm finally back to making meals here, but how knows if we pick more tomatoes this weekend, ha ha! Your meals sound very good. We did not get enough bell peppers (or large enough) to stuff this year. I'll have to shop at produce stands soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have watched your tomato progress through your blog, so cooking for you might have to wait a little longer!

      Delete
  4. Tomato pie sounds terrific. Love tuna steak too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do love both the tomato pie and the steaks. I keep tuna steaks in the freezer 100% of the time

      Delete
  5. Tonight is leftovers, we've made meals three nights in a row and the fridge is filled with little bits of this and that. Time for a clear out.
    Good idea to plan around the deals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't eat what we necessarily would like to have unless it's on sale. Even steak meals have to be bought on sale. I usually buy several at that time and freeze them. As we have gotten older we split a steak, so it goes much further than it used to. (Some how we turned into my parents)

      Delete
  6. I'm trying to wrap my mind around tomato pie. Is it served like a salad ... a side ... or dessert?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomato pie is a main dish. This will explain it https://thehungrybluebird.com/southern-tomato-pie/

      Delete
  7. Look at you, staying mostly on plan. I'm impressed, first that you had a plan, and second, that you followed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good thing you're here. You reminded me I have stuffed peppers in the refrigerator I need to use. Glad you feel better.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore tomato pie! I bet it was GOOD!!!!Ci day in the South

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yum on the tomato pie. I cut some tomatoes up yesterday that we needed to use and added them to a tossed salad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you’re getting better! Love that you stayed almost on plan with those tasty-sounding meals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a blessed day my friend
    rkrsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls, spam, and AI. I delete those suckers forever.