Translate

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Well I Tried

The food ads for the week are mostly aimed at foods for a Labor Day celebration, which also includes several things I can stock up now for the pantry and freezer. 

Again, I was working within the planned meals, for the past 7 days until I wasn't. I guess actions speak louder than words.




Planned for the past week
1.Veggie meal* TBD
2. BBQ chicken**, coleslaw, green beans, sliced tomatoes
3. Spaghetti *with meat sauce, tossed salad
4. Asian stuffed lettuce leaves, sliced raw vegetables
5. Stuffed bell peppers, brown rice, broccoli
6. Out to eat - Trivia night
7. Out to eat - Planned dinner with cousins


In addition to the two planned meals eating out, I forgot to include a club minimum that we had to use by the 31st.  We had already planned 2 dinners out, but we would be paying the minimum whether we actually used it or not. I was not willing to let that money go to waste. I booted the spaghetti meal, since I had stored the sauce in the freezer anyway.
As it turned out we had spent only a little over half of the minimum the first time we ordered takeout and had to use the rest Saturday night, and had to stick the ground chicken in the freezer.  Both of those meals will be carried forward

Potential meals:
1. Asian stuffed lettuce leaves, sliced raw veggies
2. Deconstructed lasagna, tossed salad
3. Tomato pie, green beans, sliced cucumbers
4. Veggie meal TBD
5. Out to eat
6. Meatloaf, rice, broccoli
7. Labor Day meal TBD, most likely BBQ of some sort


Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan or with no plan at all.

21 comments:

  1. Meatloaf and bbq sound really great to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do to me too. I need to get my freezer in order so I can buy 2 pork butts at the current really good sale price.

      Delete
  2. Meal plannning here works out about 75% of the time. There is always something that causes off to go script. Still, your meals sound so much better than ours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hit about 75% sometimes but have been known to not do anything on my plan.

      Delete
  3. When my sister was the GM at a private golf club, every seat in the house was booked for l7nch and dinner the last 3 days of the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand totally. We forget until about the 25th and then remember and have to eat at least once but often times twice.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the music. I liked Tick, Tick, BOOM! I'll probably make a Costco run tomorrow. The cupboards are pretty bare around here. I haven't shopped much lately.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My food storage is always overstocked. I could probably have enough for 3 months for the two of us.

      Delete
  5. 5 out of 7 isn't too bad at all. I'm ready to switch things up to fall/winter comfort food but that isn't happening here for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like the convenience of soups and stews but that is still several weeks away here too.

      Delete
  6. I think 5/7 is pretty good for following your plan. We need a plan here as were are gradually eating out more than we probably should.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That all sounds so good, Anne. Tomato pie is so delicious and they charge an arm and a leg for one here, but worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tomato pie and it is easy enough that I should make it more often. Well , easy because I use a bought pie crust.

      Delete
  8. I'd never heard of deconstructed lasagna, but Google makes it sound easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 5 out of 7 is very good! And the meals you didn't have this week will be carried forward, so we'll call that advance planning! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to stock up when there is a sale. Thanks for sharing the Andrew Garfield song. Your meal plan sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always a sucker for a sale, as long as I have room in the freezer

      Delete
  11. Your meal plan always sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls, spam, and AI. I delete those suckers forever.