Translate

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

T-Minus 100 and Counting

Time is a commodity we all take for granted.  I know I tend to do things from one week to the other without thinking too far in advance about daily things.  Sure I might have appointments or trips on the calendar  for a couple of months ahead, but I rarely think in depth about each and every day. I tend to just fumble through life between events so I am trying to look at my days as 24 hours I can live intentionally.  I have decided to track my life for 100 days just to see what will happen if I slow my thought process down and live in the present without tremendous thought to what's next.

I am setting up a system of personal accountability for each day, with constructive, creative, and down time in it. I want every day to be productive, but I also want it to have the opportunity to appreciate beauty, as well as to have some time for personal growth.  This is not something I am going to post about until the 100 days are over and then I will assess how I did with this approach. Will I learn to live in the now or will  I just fall totally off the cliff and into the abyss of living with my mind set between big events again?

No real clue what will happen, but I imagine there will be days I live with intention and others I just get through while waiting for the next big thing. It should be a revealing experiment about my persona either way.

14 comments:

  1. That sounds like Thoreau and his view of "live intentionally." I think I will just fall off the cliff. It is comfortable down here. And the fall is a thrill...lol. Good ideas you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I had not given any thought to Thoreau. I was just sitting here thinking about getting back from a trip and already planning the next one in May when it dawned on me how blooming many hours there are between now and then and how I should enjoy those rather than merely looking ahead.

      Delete
  2. Good luck.
    I like the structure of planning ahead (it gives me the illusion of being in control) but much more often than not I just muddle along.
    I really like your plan to allow for downtime, and appreciation of beauty in the mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just felt the need to quit my muddling and live with an unstructured yet deliberate plan

      Delete
  3. That sounds intriguing. I look forward to reading about how this goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can live and appreciate each day fully, but I am not positive I will.

      Delete
  4. It will be a very interesting and eye opening experience, I think. I have often tried to live in the present, but seem to fail! I am either looking back or looking forward, but rarely looking at where I am at present!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that is how we all live life. I find myself using the "oh I will do it or think about it tomorrow " thing much too often instead of being present and moving on.

      Delete
  5. THis is just the kind of thing I would like to do. I wish you luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now I have to remember to keep intentional thoughts that Mom may interrupt whatever I intentionally planned.

      Delete
  6. Living in the present... sounds intriguing! Maybe I'll take some time this summer and do just that. Can't wait to hear your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have decided that living in the present is more difficult than I imagined. But I am trying very hard to remain grounded 24 hours at a time.

      Delete
  7. I live this very much. My kids are grown but I never saw it happen. Yes when they were little but then everything seemed to whoosh by and they are now adults. If anyone knows how to save time in a bottle (love Jim Croce)please let me know. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have experienced the same swoosh and now my granddaughter is swooshing!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.