Translate

Monday, February 3, 2020

Meal Plan or Not

I started the week with no computer and I am still without one. Doing this on my phone is still difficult for me, so my sentences will mostly be short and to the point. The past week came and went and I used the meal plan as inspiration some days and totally ignored it other days.

This is what I had planned for dinners last week:

1. Pan seared scallops, broccoli, baked potato ( or none) dinner or keto roll.
2. Meat loaf, caulimash or mashed potatoes, green beans
3. Spaghetti or zoodles with meat sauce, tossed salad
4. Chicken with mushroom balsamic sauce over rice or caulirice, mixed green salad
5. Soup, cornbread, coleslaw
6. Sandwiches, either grilled cheese or blt and SuperBowl snacks
7. Out to eat

What really happened:

Monday: Seared scallops, broccoli, baked potato or not, keto or regular roll
Tuesday : Meat loaf  green beans, corn and tater tots Or caulimash
Wednesday:Veggie soup with pork, cheese toast
Thursday: Orange ginger chicken with onions and mushrooms, broccoli cauliflower
Friday: Gyro salad
Saturday: Out to eat
Sunday: Hot dogs w/wo buns, cucumber slices, dip

And now for what may or may not happen this week, in no particular order:
 (Truth: Right now I am in the process of cooking in advance so at least 3 of the meals will be served.)
1. Spaghetti or zoodles with meat sauce, tossed salad
2. Crack chicken in lettuce wrap ,brussels  sprouts, tater tots ( or not)
3. Chicken in basil cream sauce over rice or caulirice, green beans
4. Bbq pork sandwiches, cole slaw, caulitato salad
5. Soup and grilled cheese
6. Leftovers
7. Out to eat

What I need to make
Keto buns
Keto cookies or some keto dessert

Hopefully this can be accomplished with little to no grocery shopping this week. And hopefully the repairs to the computer will work and I will be back in business.

21 comments:

  1. Good luck - with the no grocery shopping, the meal planning, and the return of the 'puter.
    We are going grocery shopping a little later in the day. It is so not my favourite regular job. Himself loves it (and has no sales resistance).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like to go to the grocery store and explore. What I dislike is bringing them in the house and putting them away.

      Delete
  2. It really sucks to be without a computer - I hope it gets sorted quickly. Zero inspiration for my menu this week. Today we are having bbq chicken (it's hovering at freezing so I'll be wearing a coat and gloves) over caesar salad with garlic toast. One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been looking at virtual keyboards. If I am going to be stuck using my phone or kindle for a while I would at least like to have something a little simpler to use since I don't have teeny tiny fingers.

      Delete
  3. You are one persistent lady, i could not type on my cell phone, I can barely type on this computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, your menu plan sounds wonderful! I only know what I will be eating today - leftovers! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to eat leftovers at lunch most of the time so we rarely have enough for dinner.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great meal plan! Full of interesting and wonderful food. Simply delicious!👌💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TheHub likes to eat varied meals throughout the week. Kristen one thing I try and accommodate him with. Every other preference . . . not so much.

      Delete
  6. I've got a stomache bug and am exhausted. I'll want to use up stuff but today is toast for me and canned chicken noodle soup. Not sure what hubs will eat. Probably chicken I talked hin through baking for sandwiches, veg, and a sweet potato as no real cooking required.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Campbell's chicken noodle is my go to for tummy issues.

      Delete
  7. Anne,
    Like me, your meal plans are just suggestions or possibilities. I thawed sliced ham, so we will eat that until done. Tonight is ham and sweet potato and salad before the leaf lettuce died. After that, ham sandwiches, navy beans with ham, and other things...lol. Tonight, I will ham and leftover scrambled eggs. Later, I will have baked potato since I cannot eat much at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I basically look at the upcoming food ads and plan what might happen,but it is just as likely it might not.

      Delete
  8. I cleaned out the pantry today and used up some tomato products for spaghetti and some spicy green beans. Next pantry meal will be potato soup. Then as per usual, no specific plans. I don't even pretend to plan and not do it except about twice a year.
    Hope you're with a bigger computer soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretend to plan but I never follow through. Life, time and appetites seem to override any set plan.

      Delete
  9. When you have your computer back I hope you'll tell me how to make keto cookies.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made severa, some better than others. I will be happy to share the recipes with you.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.