Translate

Monday, December 15, 2025

10 Days till Christmas

We headed out of town to spend the day and night with TheHub’s sister. After a frigid night, we had a cold start to the day.  Our overnight temp was in the high teens, and it was supposed to be 40 at its highest today, then plummet again tonight. 

The plants I want to overwinter are in the house, but I can set them back on the deck Wednesday. By then it is supposed to be springlike weather.  Crazy! So far it looks like kids who get bikes for Christmas can be riding them Christmas morning without jackets or sweaters. 

I remember one year I got roller skates for Christmas.  It was so warm My Beloved Sister and I skated early that morning in shorts and tee shirts.  Conversly there were occasional Christmas mornings when we froze. It’s all part of the joys of living in the south. you just never know! So there will be no winter wonderland this year ( or any year) here. 



 We made it to my SIL’s house, and visited a bit before heading out to meet her 2 sons one of their sons and the other”s daughter for dinner It was great seeing all of them since it has been quite a while.
It’s really nice to be around family. I wish we could have seen their wives and other kids, but they are active kids with busy lives.  Maybe next visit!

17 comments:

  1. The first year we moved to Tennessee in 1986, we were wearing shorts and t shirts in January, which was unheard of in Illinois. You just never know what kind of weather you’ll have. Glad you made it home safely from your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about the weather. I have never lived anywhere but the South so this is all I have ever been used to. Warm or Cold, could be either.

      Delete
  2. As families grow it can be more difficult to connect. Sadly for my family it tends to be funerals that bring us together.
    Glad you were able to visit with some folks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that happens in all families unless you really do take the time and make an effort to go see someone.

      Delete
  3. The weather is nuts! I am not fond of the really cold temperatures. I am
    looking forward to weather where I don’t have to run the heat as much. The power bill is going to be $$$$$$. Sounds like a wonderful and delightful trip! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is going to be warmer the rest of the week and I am so glad.

      Delete
  4. We've also been having frigid weather, but today it's supposed to get above freezing. We're looking forward to that because it should melt some of the ice we have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. only ten days left and that has me in a panic. Don't know why...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in a little panic over tomorrow and Thursday and I know why___procrastination!

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you had a nice visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Martha. It was great seeing my SIL but also seeing her sons and a couple of the grands.

      Delete
  7. You're so fortunate to live within driving distance of your relatives. I don't know what possessed me to live so far away for so long ... but I'm doing my best to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can drive and see most of them, except for Pip who is the most important relative of all!

      Delete
  8. It's good to get together with family to the extent we can, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls, spam, and AI. I delete those suckers forever.