Translate

Sunday, December 21, 2025

5 Days till Christmas

 All wrapping was done, I still need to go find a couple of small gifts for TheHub, but the gift I was waiting on forever finally arrived and is wrapped, bowed and dressed with a sprig of holly (artificial) or mistletoe (equally fake stuff)


I had planned on going out Saturday afternoon to shop but just did not want to. I figured it would be easier to go Sunday since I would already be dressed. The translation for that statement is simply I did not want to put on makeup two days in a row.

Laundry was done, dinner prep was minimal, and other than talking with my cousin (rehashing the lunch I had for them all) and of course My Beloved Sister, I had no contact with the outside world.

Christmas is just around the corner and I am actually ready for it! I may or may not bake cookies (none of us need them), and the same can be said for candies. I just want to enjoy the next few days to the maximum with no to very little stress, enjoying the blessings of the season.

Meanwhile TheHub and I watched Home Alone 2, and I watched Scrooged. TheHub wanted to see Home Alone 2 (I agreed even though I don't care for it),  but I watch Scrooged every year, and was not about to miss it this year. 

I especially like Carol Kane as the Ghost of Christmas Present. There is something heart warming about seeing a diminutive fairy in a pink dress with gossamer wings and a mean right hook! I have no idea whoever thought to create a masochistic ghost, but it really was brilliant.



18 comments:

  1. I finished my baking yesterday and I'm glad because there was too much sampling on my part. I've never seen Scrooged. I'll see if I can find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still not certain I am going to do any baking. We have a brunch every Christmas morning and I usually have several baked items and cookies, but this year there will just be five of us, and our stockbroker dropped off their annual Christmas gift__an incredibly delicious cheesecake. I think I will just serve that and call it good enough.
      I watch Scrooged every year.

      Delete
  2. I’m glad dh’s gift has arrived in time for Christmas. I’m not making any candy or cookies either as we do not want them here to tempt us. I’ll have to look up Scrooged, I don’t think I’ve seen that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad his gift arrived. I had started to think it would not.

      Delete
  3. All the shops here are closed on Sundays...I am not sure why I am sad that X'Mas is getting near...because Advent is so much fun :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Advent is fun, though we just term from Thanksgiving night on as the Christmas season.

      Delete
  4. All the prep your did throughout the year certainly has paid off! Enjoy these last few days before the big day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has paid off. I think I will do the same for Christmas "26

      Delete
  5. So glad the gift arrived! Whew! I currently have my sewer line dug up (in some spots the dude was up to his armpits), all sorts of heavy machinery in my front and side yard and a whole lot of mud being tracked in my house because they managed to break my water line while putting in new sewer line ! Now toilet and kitchen sink have no water! They are trying to figure out what they did to the water line! I feel like I am dealing with The Three Stooges! Merry Christmas to me…. lol. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is horrible. I am hoping for a Christmas miracle for you that they get things repaired and water back in the house.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I'm so glad that the gift you were waiting for has arrived and you now have your husband's big gift wrapped and ready! And your year long preparations worked out really well and you have some time to just relax and enjoy yourself while waiting for the big day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wondered if the gift had arrived. So please it did.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you getting things done and how nice to watch those movies. I hope to watch several Christmas movies over the next few days. I have all my wrapping to do and it's a lot. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen it, but you make me want to see Scrooged!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you're all ready for the big day! Happy holidays,
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I've loved every version of Scrooge so I'll look out for this one! Merry Christmas Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm feeling ready! Or, as ready as I will be over the holidays. I'm on call for work for about half of the days until we re-open, so my big dream is that nothing happens through work that causes me to spend time tracking things down. - Hawaii Planner

    ReplyDelete
  13. How? Seriously! How? I cannot believe that Christmas is Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls, spam, and AI. I delete those suckers forever.